October 2014 Moms

NBR: random venting for a minute

I have two things to bitch about.  Feel free to disregard, I just want to get it out.

1) Today, I made an appointment for 12:15 for a pedicure during my lunch hour.  I got there at 12:12, picked a color and sat around waiting.  Around 20 past, I get a chair and sit soaking my feet reading my book, waiting.  Some walk-ins show up, and get manicures started while I'm still waiting.  12:30.  12:40.  Finally at 12:45 I get up to leave, and they dude says "oh, he'll be with you in just a few minutes."  I'm sorry, I made an appointment for 1/2 an hour ago because I have to get back to work!  And they took walk-in manicures before they got to me?  Nope.  What a waste of my lunch.  Would you have left?

2) Yesterday, DD and I went to get my car washed and vacuumed at the big carwash.  I do this rarely, but my car was really bad.  The place I like was closed (at 5:00 on a Thursday?), so we went to a new place.  DD was playing with a $5 bill in her seat that my MIL had just given her when I picked her up, and when I took her out of her seat so they could vacuum, she dropped it on the seat, and I know I probably should've grabbed it, but I honestly didn't think it was such a big deal.  We got back in the car and she went to get the $5 - gone.  There were about 4 dudes standing around who had just finished vacuuming and washing my windows, and I asked them if they had seen the $5 that she left on the seat.  One said he saw her playing with it before she got out, but then hadn't seen it and another one half ass looked around for it before saying to me "I'm not blaming her (DD), but I mean, it's money.  If you saw her drop it on the seat, why wouldn't up pick it up?"  Excuse me?  I said "I'm sorry, why wouldn't it be here when I came back?"  He just shrugged and said he was sorry, like that was the end of it.  Unfortunately, that was the end of it, because there were two cars behind me just waiting to get out, so I just left, but holy crap, I was apeshit.  There is every chance that it got vacuumed up by accident, but the one kid was just so shitty about it.  And, to make it worse, the sign outside says $20 for inside/outside wash, and they charged me $25.  DH is going to send the owner a letter on his work stationary (he's an attorney). 

It's not my week.  Hopefully the weekend is better.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: random venting for a minute

• MrMrsandBabyMrMrsandBaby member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I would have walked out of the pedicure place.  That is bullshit.

The car wash place...well I don't trust anyone so I would have grabbed the money but I think the "it's money why would you leave it" line is pretty much "yeah, I took it but you can't prove it" in disguise.  How flipping shady.  And I'm a wuss so I wouldn't have called them on the $25 charge but you should have! 

Sorry this hasn't been your week...the good news is that it is almost over right?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Sounds like a frustrating week. :(

1. I would have left. And been really annoyed...that's just terrible service!

2. It would upset me, but I would just try to let it go. Hope that one of the workers snatched it instead of it getting vacuumed up, and that he really needs it and will use it to provide for his family. Consider it a funny way of paying it forward and hope that wherever the $5 ends up, it'll buy something good/useful/helpful. :)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) I would.l of walked out on.

2) I would be passed. And would be venting to DH and see if he would do anything about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It seems like since becoming pregnant people are pissing me off even more.

1) yeah I would have left. I hate when businesses aren't organized

2)It's so sad people can't be trusted. They couldn't even come up with $5 in tips to give her smh

Lilypie First Birthday tickers                         

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SusieBWSusieBW member
    Additional information:  Apparently, the car wash place is nicknamed "convict car wash" because they hire a lot of ex-cons.  DH suggested that was probably the reason the kids attitude to me was so rude, because he just doesn't give a shit.  It also makes me more prone to think that one of them took it, and not that it just got vacuumed up by accident, but then I sort of hate myself for making that assumption.

I can't imagine how hard it has to be, in the current job market with the current crappy economy, for an ex-con to get a job and try to turn their life around.  I get that hiring these guys is a valuable and admirable thing to do, and I completely support that.  But after what I experienced there yesterday, I'm certainly not going back.  Not even because of the money so much as the way they handled it.

Bottom line, I hope @Emerald27 is right, and one of the dudes maybe took it because he seriously needs the money.  It just sucked a little more because it was DD's money and I had to explain to her that it disappeared at the car wash.
  • I would have totally walked out of the pedicure too and agree the car wash guys probably took the money and I would have been pissed.  These days I'm trying to let things like that go though, not worth letting myself get worked up. But easier said than done!!

• MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    1. I get really fed up with slow service, so I definitely would have left.

2. I never leave anything in my car when I (rarely) take it to be washed and vacuumed, but it was extra sucky that they knowingly took money from a kid.
  • I absolutely would have left! Especially if they took walk ins before you. I'd be pissed.

I probably would have been pissed about the $5 too, especially if it was my kid's money. I probably would have just left though, since I am passive agressive most of the time.

Sorry you are not having a great week! TGIF & I hope your weekend is a better one :)

photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• 1. The nail place I go to always tries to squeeze in walk ins, and I wait longer if I have an appointment. I quit making appointments because it was so annoying.

2. That's ridiculous he stole from a kid and worse he was so shitty to you about it.

:-/
  • If I made an appointment and was sitting there waiting for a pedicure while others came in and got manicures, I'd be really pissed.  I definitely would have walked out, and I'd never go there again.

I don't leave much in my car, but whenever I know a stranger will be in there, I empty it out.  If that happened to me, I'd be fuming, but I'm a wuss so I probably wouldn't do anything about it except write a review.

• I get super ragey about bad customer service, so both of those experiences would have had me bitching to no end. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Both would have pissed me off and I would not return to either business in the future.
  • I certainly hope you didn't also tip them. 

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• ANGnJONANGnJON member
    Wow, two crappy situations! I would totally have left the nail salon, that's just poor customer service! Then the carwash is like a double whammy, you had to pay an extra $5 & they stole $5 from a little kid, WTH! I'd be super pissed too! I hope your weekend is very relaxing & enjoyable!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"