September 2013 Moms
Options

NYC uninvited update

For anyone who read my vent the other day about being uninvited...

I just got a guns blazing phone call from my (ex) friend asking me why would I feel uncomfortable about attending her bday. I explained that it feels pretty crappy to be asked to come to something, and for no good reason asked NOT to come. She goes on to tell me that I am being "negative" about leaving my baby, and that I'm also being negative about financial issues.
< I'm a SAHM working off of one budget and I told her I'd pass on getting an effing blowout for $40 bucks. > She goes on yelling at me that she cancelled my dinner reservation and to "have a great weekend" then promptly hangs up the phone.

I can't stop crying. I have never been treated by a friend like that before. I hate when you come to the end of the road with someone over nothing. If you've read this, thank you for reading and listening.

Re: NYC uninvited update

• Options
    ejb23ejb23 member
    I've been in this type of situation with a best friend before. It sucks. Hugs momma!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is so crappy of her and I'm really sorry she's treating you this way. I don't even know what to say but I wish there was something that could make you feel better, I know how it feels to be treated badly by a so called friend and it's hard to deal with. You're a wonderful mama for thinking about your baby / family money first before partying and that's what's most important.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlp0528jlp0528 member
    Wow. I can't believe (can believe actually) how terrible she's treating you. She obviously is the type of person who things the world is centered around her and doesn't appreciate when people have other things in their lives that take precedence (AND WITH GOOD REASON!) I mean a $40 blow out for HER birthday!? Is she for real? Sounds like you're better off without her!! Sorry you had to be dissed so nastily!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that she's being so shitty. Karma will come back and get her one day if she becomes a mother and realizes what true priorities are. You're better off without someone like that as a "friend".
  • Options
    Fuck her! Oh my gosh that is so rude. Seriously your better off without. Don't waste your tears over a nasty girl. You even tried to be the bigger person. Im pissed off for you. I'm afraid this will be me in 3 months. My very best friend is getting married and the entire bridal party is single and childless. I'm a SAHM and hate leaving baby.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. It hurts when a friend turns on you. I'm also sorry you don't get to go and hang out with your other friends. It definitely sounds like you are better off without her. Forget her and give your LO extra kisses. That's all that matters.
  • Options
    I know we are supposed to be the grown ups now that we have children but I think you should mess with her perfect day.

Didn't you mention there was another real friend going on the trip you where going to hang with? How close is she to the B-Day Bitch, can you tell her what a d-bag the ex is being and steal her for your own girls night out the 2 of you?

Either way you deserve better treatment from a friend. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it.

• Options
    That's horrible. But I'm glad she showed her true colors now instead of after you went and spent all the time and money to go. She's clearly not a good friend.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    Bitch. She's an entitled brat.

I'm so sorry :(

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
  • Options
    Ugh! Thank you ladies so much. I feel like I know you guys better than some people IRL! I wish I could hug each of you but creepy Internet hugs will have to do. >:D<
  • Options
    I missed the original post, but what?!? Who says sht like that? It's a birthday party, people. Mandatory blowouts? Girl needs to get over herself.

• Options

I know we are supposed to be the grown ups now that we have children but I think you should mess with her perfect day.

Didn't you mention there was another real friend going on the trip you where going to hang with? How close is she to the B-Day Bitch, can you tell her what a d-bag the ex is being and steal her for your own girls night out the 2 of you?

Either way you deserve better treatment from a friend. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it.

I did talk with my real friend about and she was shocked and now feels uncomfortable going. I totally wish i could snag her away for the weekend but this is her 2nd time away from her 2 year old and is looking forward to a night without mommy duties. I don't blame her for still going. She jumped through hoops to get coverage for her son. I'll let karma work it's magic here. ;);)
  • Options
    Definitely better that you found out what kind of friend she was now than on the trip. I'm sorry that happened though.
  • Options
    @VitaLuna said:
    I missed the original post, but what?!? Who says sht like that? It's a birthday party, people. Mandatory blowouts? Girl needs to get over herself.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/82038198/#Comment_82038198

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Jenly117Jenly117 member
    edited May 2014
    Zembits said:

What a jerk! I'm sorry she treated you like that.

Also, what is a blowout? All I can think of when I hear that word is diaper accidents..Lol

It's paying someone to blow dry & style your hair.... :-q

Edited: bc I wasn't finished typing
  • Options
    It really sounds like she is the only one losing out. I am sorry she acted so petty. You really are better off without her. Friends don't act that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"