October 2013 Moms
Options

SO's contact name

edited May 2014 in October 2013 Moms
In my phone, my husband name is stored as "Husband". I'm curious how your SO is listed in your phone!

SO's contact name 173 votes

Husband/Hubby etc...
13% 23 votes
His name
69% 121 votes
A pet name (do tell!)
8% 14 votes
SS
8% 15 votes

Re: SO's contact name

• Options
    He is entered as ~Boy~. When we started dating, I referred to him as The Boy, b/c he's 3 years younger than me. It stuck, and I have always called him Boy and he called me Girl. Funny, though, we haven't called each other that since the baby was born. IDK what we'll call each other now.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just his first name.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    Lee81Lee81 member

I have his first and last name because I'm formal like that lol

Me too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know if this is for real, but I read once that EMT's will look for your emergency contact in your phone listed under "ICE" -- "In Case of Emergency."  So hubs is listed as "ICE Firstname Lastname"

If I'm wrong, it's no biggie, but if it's true then I deft want emergency personnel to be able to contact DH if something happens to me.

I have never heard of this before. Or makes sense, but I feel like many people don't know this.
  • Options
    I used to have H listted as Hubby but then when I got KU I kept telling him how he was my baby daddy now. It was a complete joke and it's not even like I call him that anymore. I told him I was going to change it in my phone and he said I wouldn't do it so I did to prove him wrong. I haven't changed it, I'm kind of lazy that way.
  • Options
    DH's contact name is "Hubsters".  Don't ask me why.  Been like that for a while.  I kind of hate it but have no intention of changing it.

It used to be Fred (long story, his name is Kevin).  Then that confused my dad once when he had my phone and wondered why a "fred" was calling me.  so i changed it. lol
  • Options
    CatieGCatieG member
    We share an Apple account so our contacts are the same. No funny nicknames :(

• Options
    Everyone in my phone is first name last name except "Mom."
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    mine says "<3 Husband" . before we were married, it used to say "<3 Gummi Bear", which is what is engraved in my wedding band. mine still says "<3 Gummi Worm" in his. my husband is obsessed with gummi candies. my work cellphone, i have it saved as "! Husband" so that it shows up first, and my IL's i have saved as "! Babysitter", just in case something happens to me, someone can get to my kids..i also have "! Kids Doctor" saved.

• Options

I have his first and last name because I'm formal like that lol

Me too. With a little heart to differentiate him from the regular people
  • Options
    Mine says <3 Matty...I originally did it so it would be the first contact. That's not necessary on phones now...but I've never changed it because it reminds me of when we first got together.

The ICE thing is true. A lot of phones actually come pre programmed with ICE as a contact. I have it listed as a contact in mine with my husband abd other important ppl labeled in it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine says Bay. We used to call each other that when we were dating. It just stuck. @kimbo1216‌ dh used to be in my phone as "Bob" and that's not his name either lol My phone has the option to see an ICE contact. I think the name is red.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    SS (sorta) his name is Branden but in my phone he's just B.
  • Options
    A mix but I voted husband. It's saved as husband first name last name.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hubby / ICE with heart and bear emoji. I call him bear.
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • Options
    First name

• Options
    A Groovy Husband. Lol

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    First and last name, which he gives me crap over.

The ICE thing is deft true. EMTs called my mom's ICE contacts after she got into an accident and had pretty bad memory loss and didn't know where she was. Although everyone locks their phones these days so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    ksimo6ksimo6 member
    He is saved as his name in my phone. I am under my maiden name in his phone because my SIL and I have the same first and last name. Confusing.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    slh6363slh6363 member
    Hubs
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    Mine is "Butters" it's his nickname that everyone calls him.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    Lia1303 said:

I don't know if this is for real, but I read once that EMT's will look for your emergency contact in your phone listed under "ICE" -- "In Case of Emergency."  So hubs is listed as "ICE Firstname Lastname"

If I'm wrong, it's no biggie, but if it's true then I deft want emergency personnel to be able to contact DH if something happens to me.

I do this too. DH and my mom have ice in front of their name.
    This is me too. ICE in front of DH's first name and ICE in front of mom (for my mom).

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
  • Options
    LC122LC122 member
    has615 said:

Is it your screenshot that brought up this poll?
  • Options
    bionicbbionicb member
    Just first name. I have an "ICE" category on my phone and it shows up if you press "emergency call" on the lock screen. So that's nice.
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    I have him on my cell as his name but when I get a call from him in the car it appears as "Lover" ... That is what we call one another since we dated.
    < image
  • Options
    It's his first name and a heart emoji. In his phone, he has my first and last name. Actually, until a few weeks ago, he just had my maiden name. I borrowed his phone and added his last name (I hyphenated). He hasn't said anything. Maybe it's too long for him to see it.
  • Options
    Ycu2013Ycu2013 member
    ICE-first name and last name.
  • Options
    Hubby (with a green heart next to it)

He has me saved as "baby mama" in his phone. It was meant as. joke but just kind of stuck I guess.

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Options

You are correct that you can put ICE next to a name in your phone and that will let emergency care workers know that is your contact for emergencies.  My mom has ICE and my dad's name in her phone.  I have strongly considered doing that with mine.  My DH is just under his first name.
  • Options
    LC122 said:

has615 said:

Yes!

Is it your screenshot that brought up this poll?
  • Options
    Mine is in there as "First Name" Hubby. I did this because I read somewhere that you should have a label in case of an emergency and you needed someone to get a hold of the right person in your phone.

But then I realized it wouldn't do any good since my iPhone is required to be locked due to work email being on it... so... they wouldn't be able to get into my phone to see it.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Interesting with the ICE.

His name with a heart emoji.

When we first met I saved his number as his last name (I met him through a military friend and only knew his last name at the time that I inadvertently ended up with his number) and a little chipmunk emoji because he had swollen cheeks from getting his wisdom teeth pulled when I met him.

• Options
    Mine is saved as Baby Boo Boo. A pet name I came up with cause he's always hurting himself. But now I also call DS boo boo so I feel like I should change it or something.
  • Options
    Mine is saved as his name now... but his name in my phone has changed a few times:

When we got married he changed it to "Smooth Operator" (he loves the song and obviously thinks he is, in fact, a Smooth Operator. LOL)
    The first time we heard our sons heart beat, he changed it to "Baby Daddy"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"