Parenting
Options

Best concerts you have seen?

In order:

5) Debbie Gibson in 1989

4) Social Distortion in 2003

3) Phish in 2009 ( sentimental story there)

2) Manu Chao in 2007

1) Leonard Cohen in 2009. Don't think any show could ever match up to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Best concerts you have seen?

• Options
    KTdiditKTdidit member
    Offspring
    Rob Zombie at Mayhem Fest
    KISS and Motley Crue
    A Day To Remember
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Band of Horses was, hands down, the best concert I've been to.

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Radiohead in 97/98 maybe? 
    Dave and Friends (with Trey Anastasio) at Bonnaroo in 2003 or 2004
    Phish 4th of July show 2011
    Perpetual Groove at their festival, Amberland, in 2011, so much fun!  
    Tina Turner puts on an amazing show too, I think that was in 2010. 

Would you mind sharing the sentimental Phish story? I love happy concert memories, H told me he loved me for the first time at Bonnaroo the first year we went in 2003. 
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In no particular order:

1.  The Coup, 2005ish

2.  Celine Dion, 1998

3.  Dwight Yoakam, 2010

4.  David Lee Roth, 2001

5.  Public Enemy, 2004

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I went to a lot of punk rock/hardcore band shows when I was younger. I really liked them because they were a lot smaller than concerts and you got to be up close with the band. One of my most memorable shows was Snapcase, Boysetsfire, and Hot Water Music. I was in the front row and got one of my ribs cracked on the barricade.

My favorite show doesn't really count because it was at the Warped Tour but it was before too many people really knew who AFI was, so I got to be in the front row and sing along to all of the songs. After their set, Adam walked up to me and handed me his drumstick. ::swoon::
  • Options
    Billy Joel and Elton John at Wrigley
    U2/Muse at some stadium in Raleigh
    Skrillex at Soldier Field
  • Options
    Radiohead in 97/98 maybe? 
    Dave and Friends (with Trey Anastasio) at Bonnaroo in 2003 or 2004
    Phish 4th of July show 2011
    Perpetual Groove at their festival, Amberland, in 2011, so much fun!  
    Tina Turner puts on an amazing show too, I think that was in 2010. 

Would you mind sharing the sentimental Phish story? I love happy concert memories, H told me he loved me for the first time at Bonnaroo the first year we went in 2003. 

Sure. I was really into Phish from 93-97ish. Stopped going to see them in 98. I started dating my husband in 2008 and he was also a big Phish fan, although he started goingt o shows in the late 90s through the hiatus.

Anyway, the '09 show was the first show I had seen in over a decade and one of the songs I really wanted to hear was 'Silent'. And, second set, they played it. During the song, my DH whispered in my ear that he wanted to marry me. We had never talked about it before. It was a pretty perfect moment. Right then and there, he knelt on the nasty MSG floor and proposed. There was no ring or anything since it was kind of a spontaneous decision on his part. We got married 7 months later.

I wish I could love this a thousand times over, that is so sweet and romantic! I love spontaneous gestures like that, what an awesome moment. 
    image       image

• Options
    ks3pinkks3pink member
    I'm a country girl. I've been to lots. The ones that stick out most are Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Dierks Bentley and Lady Antebellum. I really want to see Florida Georgia Line and Eric Church but they are really expensive!!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SandyClam, I went the Warped Tour three times. AFI was great! God, I miss those days.

@GotGingy, I saw them about three years ago at a smallish venue. I wasn't even a huge BOH fan, but I was blown away. 

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options

Bruce Springsteen, 2003-ish (The Rising tour)

Paul McCartney, 2002 or so

U2 -- All That You Can't Leave Behind tour (how is everyone remembering the years?)

Lollapalooza (the first year they did it)

Flight of the Conchords (when they were still a thing)

• Options
    SpeshulSpeshul member
    Rob Zombie

A Perfect Circle

Nine Inch Nails

Evanescence

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KTdiditKTdidit member
    I may have squealed like a teenage girl when Rob Zombie came on stage. We were SO CLOSE! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Guns and Roses in 1991 or so? It was right after Axl broke up with Stephanie Seymore and they did Get in the Ring dedicated to her. We were so close and it was my first big rock show.

The Who, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne, CSN, and I know it's not cool but the Doobie Brothers in the pouring rain was probably the most memorable.  

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    colliebabecolliebabe member
    edited May 2014
    Every Billy Joel concert I've been to, as well as the two times I've seen Billy Joel and Elton John together.

ETA: The 50 Cent concert I went to a few years ago was awesome.
  • Options
    I saw Bob Dylan in 01 maybe? I am glad he put on a good show for you guys because he was lacking when I saw him. The audience and stuffed unicorn we brought with us were more entertaining than the show.
  • Options
    pobrecita said:
    SandyClam said:
    I went to a lot of punk rock/hardcore band shows when I was younger. I really liked them because they were a lot smaller than concerts and you got to be up close with the band. One of my most memorable shows was Snapcase, Boysetsfire, and Hot Water Music. I was in the front row and got one of my ribs cracked on the barricade.

I loved Hot Water Music.

I went to a lot of punk/emo shows in HS also. The best.
    I love HWM too, but they kind of suck live. I saw them a few times and they were always too drunk to play. Have you ever listened to Rumbleseat? I think that the lead singer of HWM is coming out with a solo album soon.
  • Options
    @SandyClam, I went the Warped Tour three times. AFI was great! God, I miss those days.

Warped Tour was always soooo freaking hot. No shade. My old, crotchety ass definitely would not enjoy it if I went now.
  • Options
    pobrecita said:
    Radiohead, twice, both times amazing

Bon Iver, 2009

Arcade Fire, 2011

Bob Dylan, 1996

Weezer, 2000
    We have similar taste, except for Bon Iver who I hate.
  • Options
    billybumblerbillybumbler member
    edited May 2014
    My list, out of order and I can't remember dates: 

Radiohead (2009 maybe?)  

>Conor Oberst (2010?)

Weezer (2005?) 

The Cardigans 

Green Day 2013

Bon Jovi (corny I know but I've liked them since I was a kid)

ETA paragraphs
  • Options
    I need to give Bon Iver another chance.  My BIL asked for a Bon Iver CD for Christmas once, and when I read the album description on Amazon, it read so laughably pretentious to me that I didn't even bother to listen.  But I've been hearing good things about them, so maybe I'll revisit.  

• Options
    Atmosphere and 311
  • Options
    Atmosphere and 311

Saw them at the Warped Tour too! Loved Atmosphere, but not a big 311 fan.

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    I saw Rancid a few years ago in a small venue. They were great.
  • Options

I saw Rancid play in a smaller venue in Spokane, that was pretty awesome.

I saw Rancid play with the Distillers and AFI in Chicago at the Riveria. I mainly went to see AFI and since they were the opening band, they played a pretty short set. And I fell down in the mosh pit. It was scary.
  • Options
    Billy Joel (this year)
    Green Day/Blink 182 (2001?)
    Our Lady Peace (2000)
    Taking Back Sunday (2003)

I passed out from the heat at Warped Tour in high school and never went again.  Definitely not at the top of my list.  I can't even remember who I saw on what stage, just that I was hot and a bottle of water was $6.

The Warped Tour you passed out at did not happen to be in Asbury Park in 1996 or 1997, did it? I ask because I fainted at the one WT I went to. It was brutally hot that day and people were passing out left and right.

• Options
    Oh my, how to choose?

The tea party in probably 1999
    Young the giant and Grouplove in 2012
    Cake maybe 2006ish? (I've seen them several times, first was the best)
    Tragically hip on back to back days in 2011
    image image
  • Options
    @Speshul My bump crush on you grows daily. Thought you should know.

My top 3:
    Deftones 2010
    Everclear 1999 or 2000
    Warped Tour 2009 when 3Oh!3 played. They're my guilty pleasure.
  • Options
    Ooh sooo many!!! Christina aguileria/justin Timberlake joint tour Christina Aguilera back to basics tour JT 20/20 tour Morrisey Atmospher Ladytron Purity ring Soo many more, but this weekend I'm going to Bottlerock in napa and I'm gonna finally see The Cure!!!!! I know it will be soooo awesome!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • Options
    TLC in 1995 and again in 2000. Destinys child opened in 2000 and had a wardrobe malfuncion, it was funny.

Metallica 2004?

Reba 1999

I really want to go to a concert this summer, hopefully it happens.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Tool

Perfect circle

NIN

Coldplay.

Cake

Janes Addiction

Kendrick Lamar.

I'm seeing Beck in August and NIN with Soundgarden in August also. Stoked.

• Options
    GotGingy said:
    pobrecita said:
    Radiohead, twice, both times amazing

Bon Iver, 2009

Arcade Fire, 2011

Bob Dylan, 1996

Weezer, 2000
    We have similar taste, except for Bon Iver who I hate.
    How can you hate Bon Iver? Shunned.
    I actually bought his album because everyone said it was awesome and couldn't even listen twice it was so bad.
  • Options
    OMG, I forgot about Deftones circa 1995

Also, Insane Clown Posse shows were always a good time.  Not the gathering...just the shows.

Oh and the Family Values Tour was killer back in the day.
  • Options
    cagoldicagoldi member
    A Perfect Circle

Deftones
  • Options
    Oh my, how to choose? The tea party in probably 1999 Young the giant and Grouplove in 2012 Cake maybe 2006ish? (I've seen them several times, first was the best) Tragically hip on back to back days in 2011

Group love is cool. DH and I saw them for free at the cosmopolitan in Vegas before they were huge.we partied with them that night and they are some awesome people!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"