March 2014 Moms
Options

Trouble Eating - Need some suggestions

I just left a VM with my son's pediatrician.  He's been on Zantac and last week moved to Prevacid to help with acid reflux.  The reflux seems to be in check, but he's still really not enjoying eating.  There was a time he was taking 5 oz a feeding. Now he takes 2 and screams bloody murder. Stick a paci in to calm him down, try again...maybe i'll get another 1-2 oz in him.

Anyone have similar problems? I don't know if it's gas or what. I fortified his formula so that at least he's getting some extra calories, but it concerns me still. I envy the mom's who can just stick a bottle in their babies mouths and have a peaceful feeding!

Re: Trouble Eating - Need some suggestions

• Options
    DD has reflux and about two weeks ago started having feeding issues. We were EBF but had to use a bottle as well because she was refusing to eat, but even that was difficult. Like your LO she would take some of the bottle then start screaming. It was taking sometimes 2 hours to feed her.

I ended up having to take her in to the pedi because the other night she was refusing to eat for hours. Her zantac was upped and next day the feeding issues resolved. It was just her reflux acting up again because she gained a lot of weight since the last time it was upped.

If you aren't already make sure you are using slow flow nipples and you may have to intentionally slow his eating. He may also be gulping because he's really hungry and that causes gas bubbles. DD was also gulping which made things worse. Something to listen for. Hope that helps.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"