Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Carriers

Has anyone used the BOBA and the ERGO?  If so which did you prefer?

thanks!
imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
Me (28) DH (29), Married 7.20.12
TTC since April 2013

BFP 1.6.14
EDD: 9.16.14

Re: Baby Carriers

• Options
    I've used a Moby (borrowed from a friend), with DD.  She liked it.  This time around I got a Boba, because I think I'll prefer the stretch and it's lighter weight than the Moby.  No experience with the Ergo.  Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    We have a Moby, Ergo and Beco Gemini. My husband prefers the Ergo, but I like the Gemini. Both are supportive and comfortable, but I find the gemini is easier to get on and off. I've heard great things about Boba too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If there's a place near you where you can try them out, I'd definitely suggest that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beco Gemini!  Super easy to get on and off and I like the front face option.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I've used both, and my first choice would be a beco. For me the ergo was to wide and hard to adjust. The boba was too stiff and did not allow for a hip carry, which is essential for me.

I am also a fan of the k'tan for very young babies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Around 6 months we started using a Bjorn ... was great until LO hit a bit over 17 lbs (she was a little over a year). Then the straps dug into shoulders (to the point that it took three days for my shoulder to feel better after a 45 minute outting). Did like the color coded parts that made it easier/less threatening to put it on.

Now, I have a BOBA G4 & wish I had it when LO was younger. Comes with an infant insert & got it a few months back. Is a little more intimidating than the Bjorn, but is shipped reafy to use with an infant.

Another mom from my daughter's playgroup reccomended this site. It has a very useful comparison chart which I found very useful in narrowing down which carrier would best suit me.

https://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love my Ergo and can't wait to use it for three months plus. I'll use a KTan to start.

Bed Bath and Beyond had the Boba in all black yesterday for $64.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    I also recommend looking for somewhere to try them out. Is there a baby shop near you that might carry a few models? Or many towns and cities have a babywearing group that can likely help. Ask on a local FB group if you're in one of those. 

I didn't like the Gemini, but I love my Beco Butterfly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I would definitely recommended trying them on and seeing which one is easier to do yourself.  I have the Ergo and love it, but it is admittedly a bit tricky to put on - especially when your little one is squirming!  
  • Options
    I have a Beco Soleil and find it more comfortable then the Ergo. The straps can cross cross which I feel helps support my back/hips. I'm a short person, so that may play into its comfort.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"