December 2013 Moms

Wonder Week: relationship hell

Is anyone else going through this?
DS always wants to be held all the time by me now. If dad has him, he will fuss until I'm holding him. If I sit him down to play on his own, forget it-full on meltdown. If he's finally settled in someone's arms and sees me across the room, here come big, dramatic cries.

Does this phase end? It's exhausting. And it's starting right before my summer break. I don't know how I will stay sane while staying at home with DS acting like this.

Re: Wonder Week: relationship hell

• We get that sometimes. He seems to be okay with other people holding him when I'm not in the room, but if he can see me he freaks out. This is really only when he's really tired or especially miserable though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It will end when he becomes more mobile and doesn't need you to carry him around.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My older two boys have been total mommas boys until like 2 years old. Not saying that they'd never play on their own, but if I was around 99% of the time they wanted me. It gets a little tiring but it's short lived in the grand scheme of things.
  • My LO has it so badly that one of my babysitters just threw in the towel. She watches both of mine and my nephew one day a week and said he needs to find somewhere else to go because he screams the whole time she has him. And with a 1 year old and a 3 year old that's too hard. I get it but he screeches with anyone else. He will smile and talk to others while I holding him but the second he gets handed over, it's full blown melt down city :(.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"