February 2015 Moms

Excited (and scared)

HI all, I am excited to finally be able to post in this section. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago along with some other health issues. My husband and I decided to actively start trying in February so my doctor put me on Metformin twice a day. I had my FIRST period on my own (without the help of birth control) on April 21st and decided to start temping. Next thing you know, I see a clear jump and realized I had ovulated. Faint positive test 13 dpo on 5/21 and the rest is history. Needless to say, my husband nd I are ecstatic. However, I am so beyond scared of mc. My beta HCG was 36.8 at 15 dpo and it jumped to 433.4 at 19 dpo. We have our first appointment on 6/2 and we are counting down the hours. I am trying hard to reduce my worry but it is very difficult and, for once, I wish I wasn't a nurse. Any advice on how to reduce the worry and stress? Congrats to all!

Re: Excited (and scared)

• Jay_CeeJay_Cee member
    Congrats!
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats! The ttc crazy train definitely does not end once we are pregnant and it is hard to push those thoughts out... But fx and happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! And I think you will always worry about one thing or another but try to enjoy the pregnancy instead of focusing on things that could go wrong.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!! Sending you lots of T&Ps!
  • Congrats! I worry like crazy too, and it's so easy to get dragged down with negative thoughts. I find myself repeating the quote in my sig several times a day, along with "today I'm pregnant, and I love my baby". Both seem to help me take it down a notch :)
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks to all. I am having slight cramping (like menstraul cramps) every now and then. Very mild, I'm thinking uterine stretching?
  • mahalo3mahalo3 member
    Congrats! I worry about the same thing, but we are pregnant today. Try not to borrow trouble, but whatever happens, it is out of your control. @starrynight1658 I really like your quote. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lulu783lulu783 member
    Congrats and welcome! I agree with all PPs - try to keep a positive mental attitude as much as possible! :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Yes, hate to sound like an echo but all the others are right! Stay POSITIVE! I have to also calm myself down-daily-since I found out last week. My body is doing some funky things (along with the prenatal doing a number on me) but it is all normal. Congrats and welcome!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"