December 2013 Moms

FFFC

Because it's not even 8am yet and I've already been up for hours.

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: FFFC

• lp0lp0 member
    My FFFC is that I am really happy that DS basically took over our iPad. I wanted to get one that has cellular service and now I have the perfect excuse.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• My FFFC is that I have a cold today. I could have worked from home, but my Mom is at my house watching Finn. I decided I'd get more rest sitting at my desk all day versus being home with my Mom and sick kid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mmc0323 said:

@Tanisha417‌ I was behind someone that hit a goose once. They didn't even slow down. The goose wasn't dead so I pulled over and called animal control. In the meantime I grabbed a blanket out of my car and wrapped it up and tried to keep it calm. The worst part is, it's mate was with it and was making these terrible screaming honks. Just walking around in circles, screaming. By the time animal control got there, the goose was dead. He told me that the female died, they lay their eggs in the woods right behind there, and that the babies probably wouldn't make it now. I cried for days. Literally. I guess my fffc is that I'm way too sensitive. But the thought that the person that hit it never stopped, or even hit their brakes still makes me ragey as hell to this day.

That is so sad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cboinkcboink member

So glad the theme of the day is "dead animals." 
    :-S

Ha! I just spit my coffee out.
  • cboinkcboink member
    I am Going to New Hapshire for the weekend to see my nephew perform in a show and it was just going to be my mum, LO and I but SO said he would come. Yesterday he made a comment about maybe staying home and I said no you have to come. The flame part is honestly I didn't ask him to come to begin with because he NEVER does family stuff but now that he has said he would I really just want him to come to help with LO. She has been so fussy lately and mamma needs HELP!
  • I'll change the topic slightly...so I got bit by a squirrel a couple years ago while we were feeding them. Yeah it was really bad, hurt so much!
  • cboinkcboink member

Uh, a bird flew into my windshield once. I was pissed. Cost me several hundred dollars. Bird was dead because parts were still stuck in the windshield. Hope it was worth it, stupid bird. Survival of the fittest in action. Ha. I can see getting upset over an animal of yours but a rodent? Or random bird? No. And all summer long I curse the bugs as they dirty up my windshield.

We get upset because most of us still have a soul!
  • vorsevorse member
    Uh, a bird flew into my windshield once. I was pissed. Cost me several hundred dollars. Bird was dead because parts were still stuck in the windshield. Hope it was worth it, stupid bird. Survival of the fittest in action. Ha. I can see getting upset over an animal of yours but a rodent? Or random bird? No. And all summer long I curse the bugs as they dirty up my windshield.
    I confess that I hate birds and I think they're gross. They used to randomly fly into our front window of our house when I was little and their guts would be smeared all over. So gross. I don't get how people have them as pets, squawking all the time with their grossness. Ughhh
  • cboinkcboink member
    edited May 2014

Yes because not having a breakdown over a dead squirrel totally means someone is soulless. 8-| I'm assuming you must be a vegetarian, too... Because animals have to die for chicken nuggets. Mmm.

----------------------------------------------
    Oh hell no! I love meat. As long as I didn't kill it, its all good.
  • cboinkcboink member
    vorse said:

I confess that I hate birds and I think they're gross. They used to randomly fly into our front window of our house when I was little and their guts would be smeared all over. So gross. I don't get how people have them as pets, squawking all the time with their grossness. Ughhh

Birds as pets is strange. I could never have a caged bird in my house.
  • serendserend member
    But it's ok to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.
  • cboinkcboink member
    serend said:

But it's ok to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Fish freak me out. I am weirdly afraid of them.
    I have a lot of issues. ;)
  • My FFFC confession is that I am super terrified of anything biological that flies...birds, butterflies, moths...you name it, it will send me into a panic attack. I think I would still be upset if I saw one in pain and dying.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yesterday I hit a squirrel, and I balled like a baby.

I can relate. Years ago I ran over the back end of a squirrel by accident then when I looked back to see if he was okay he dragged himself across the street, up onto someone's lawn, then collapsed. I still feel like shit about it.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Possible discussion topics:  SAHM/working moms, FF/BF, spanking, religion, ACA, welfare... wait.  All those topics suck.  

But still not as bad as dead animals.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• lp0lp0 member
    This thread makes me want to go cry in a corner.

Careful @Herc I see a repeat of the cat killer thread ;)

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• My FFFC is I lied and told DH that I may be called in to work on Saturday just to avoid going to my in-laws house for the whole weekend.  I have 2 reason why I hate going there for 2 days: 1) My MIL does not wash the guest room sheets even though people stay at their house all the time.  It's disgusting - one time I found dried leaves in bed when I pulled back the comforter.  And 2) They watch my SIL's 2 sons on Saturdays and I don't trust the 3 year old around Julia.  He is very territorial of his grandparents and would not hesitate hitting or punching her if she was getting any attention from them (he has tried before).  So I would rather just go down for the day on Sunday to avoid both sleeping in dirty sheets and possibly knocking out a 3 year old.
  • malos3malos3 member
    My FFFC I refuse to turn the heater on. I paid over 400 a month during this past horrible long winter we had. Last night it got chilly and when I woke up my LO's leg were freezing even though he had a onesie and a blanket. I felt horrible.
  • I sometimes wish my dog would run away & never come back
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lp0lp0 member

I judge people that hunt for fun

Me too! I don't understand killing anything just for fun.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• kittyh8rkittyh8r member
    edited May 2014
    Yezbick9 said:

I sometimes wish my dog would run away & never come back

Maybe you should introduce it to herc? Or Emma? ;)

I will take your dog. Your cat on the other hand, no thanks. ;)

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • I don't think the board is dying, just that the sucky people are winning and taking over.
  • ameegeeameegee member

LP0198 said:

I judge people that hunt for fun

Me too! I don't understand killing anything just for fun.
    I don't think anyone does it just for fun - they do it for the food. But it is a fun way of getting food. No more in humane than how hamburgers get on your table... And cheaper!
    I know a ton of people who hunt for fun. They'll eat some of it but give most of it away. Or hunt ducks. No one I know who duck hunts does it for food. And the same with wolf hunting here. Everyone is so excited to wolf hunt but it's seriously for sport, not a single person eats wolf. And they just were removed from the endangered species list. Ugh. Sorry. It makes me mad
  • I used to nanny for a family that had a massive floor to ceiling window in the back room of the house. At least once a day a bird would fly into it and die. We called them kamikaze birds.

imageimageimageimage
  • I wish there was a test that people could take before having children, you know to weed out darwin award candidates. 1) have you ever tried to put a bear? 2) have you ever tried to hand feed a bear from your car from the side of the road? 3) have you ever tried "surfing" on the roof of your car?
    That is just a quick sampling if the stupidity that has occurred in my town recently.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've seen so many accidents caused by people slamming on their brakes for animals. And it's usually geese or some type of large rodents.

I will slam on my brakes and try my hardest for cats and dogs, because I would be hysterical if I killed someone's pet, and would die if someone ran mine over. But a goose, squirrel, or rabbit... probably not if it's gonna cause me to lose control or get rear ended.
  • Don't serial killers usually start with killing animals?
    yes. childhood Conduct Disorder (which includes cruelty to animals) can turn into Antisocial Personality Disorder as an adult, which is the mental health term for a psychopath/sociopath.
  • lp0lp0 member
    edited May 2014

MH squirrel hunts just for fun, but he gives the meat to his dad who legit makes squirrel stew over a big fire in a cauldron.  I can't eat it, but they love it.

I remember watching my grandma skin the squirrels on her front porch. I could never eat it after that sight. Gag.
    I could remember watching my grandmother kill rabbits (to eat) when I was little. I was really upset so to make me feel better she would give me the foot for luck. It did not help @-)

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• My FFFC is when someone new posts an intro, claims to have lurked for a long time I have no desire to respond to them especially when their into includes questions. I just feel like they are doing a drive by. If they really wanted to participate they would have by now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"