September 2012 Moms

Potty

At school, ERy's class has a teeny tiny potty. He watches the kids go and wants to try standing up. The older boys stand up and sorta hold on to the back of the potty to lean over and balance.

Well, now at home he only wants to stand and he only wants to use our big potty. We have a stool but he isn't talk enough yet to get his penis over the bowl, and he can't reach the back of the potty to hold onto. It's making him really frustrated. Lots of "potty...stand up!" And then getting mad that it doesn't work out.

(He doesn't actually go. Still in the trying stages. Went once at school but it was right after he had already accidentally started to pee on the bathroom wall. Lol. Not sure that counts.)

Ideas? Taller stools? I tried sitting him backwards but he didn't love it haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty

• Other than installing a kids height toilet (you can order them from Home Depot) this might be one of those "the way you do things at school can't be done at home". 

The only other things I can think of are the 'u' shaped stools that fit around the toilet and having him stand to the side so he can use the tank for support.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS2's preschool had those potty's and I swear they were the reason he was so enthusiastic with potty training.  I know you said he's into the big potty, but could you perhaps buy the little classic white training potty ($12 at any store) to possibly sub for the big one so they'll look similar yet his size at home?

I agree this might just be one of those things that he will have to learn the separate ways of at school and at home.  That's awesome that he's so interested!  I sat Dex on his sisters training potty and he was just not into it.  Lol.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd probably just tell him he has to sit at home for now. That could be a royal mess with a taller stool. With DS, he didn't stand until he was a little older.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"