April 2013 Moms

FFFC

Anyone?

I wore skorts yesterday. Go ahead and judge. I have short, chubby legs so finding flattering shorts is virtually impossible.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    edited May 2014
    @Kate_C  I have a black tennis skort that just looks like a cute black skirt and it is seriously one of the cutest most flattering "skirts" I've ever owned.  No judgment from me!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...

• JSS1002 said:
    hatroopes said:
    We just joined the YMCA and I signed up for adult swim lessons! And by adult, they mean ages 13+...so I'm hoping I'm not the only 30+ woman in the class...buuuut I will finally be able to venture past the 1ft section at the pool  L-)
    Good for you!  And then you can get your LO some lessons too.  I'm in MN so everybody learns how to swim at a young age (too many lakes!), but I know that isn't the norm and I think it is an important life skill!
    Thanks! We signed her up as well...I'm nervous and excited!

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Erin10408 said:
    I am hungover. SO hungover. From 4 damn beers at a work happy hour yesterday.
    It happens to the best of us!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    knitfaced said:

Kate_C said:

Anyone?

I wore skorts yesterday. Go ahead and judge. I have short, chubby legs so finding flattering shorts is virtually impossible.

I wish I could even get away with a skort! I never wear anything that shows my knees or above. My legs are easily my least favorite body part. I'd rather show my stomach than my legs.

I used to be that way. But if you actually look at the legs of other people wearing shorts, most folks have some dimpling or unevenness on their thighs - even skinny people and younger people. So why be uncomfortable and hot? I think I'm going to order a skort from Athleta per @jthree‌ 's suggestion. They have some cute ones online!
  • JSS1002 said:
    Erin10408 said:
    I am hungover. SO hungover. From 4 damn beers at a work happy hour yesterday.
    It happens to the best of us!

Ugh. I just can't believe how crappy I feel...I think it's because I was drinking tap beer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    jthree said:
    Kate_C said:
    Anyone? I wore skorts yesterday. Go ahead and judge. I have short, chubby legs so finding flattering shorts is virtually impossible.
    I wish I could even get away with a skort! I never wear anything that shows my knees or above. My legs are easily my least favorite body part. I'd rather show my stomach than my legs.
    I used to be that way. But if you actually look at the legs of other people wearing shorts, most folks have some dimpling or unevenness on their thighs - even skinny people and younger people. So why be uncomfortable and hot? I think I'm going to order a skort from Athleta per @jthree‌ 's suggestion. They have some cute ones online!
    @kate_c Do it! They are so comfy.  I will suggest if you want a little longer length order the Tall size.  I'm only 5'6" but some of mine are talls, just because I want the skirt length to be closer to my knees and not mid-thigh. (No one needs to see that if I can help it!) It depends on the skort itself but I usually go tall if it is an option.  You actually inspired me to order another one for this summer and I have the Everyday skort in my shopping cart right now, only $39.  Love a good sale!

I used to be the same too @knitfaced But it is too hot and uncomfortable always being in jeans or capris.  These skorts saved my life.

My calves are fine so if I can find the right length, we're good -- the problem is finding the right length that isn't so narrow that it doesn't fit over my butt/ thighs. I am plus sized and for some reason these seems to be really hard to find.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I should start a clothing line.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • tondraluvtondraluv member
    edited May 2014
    @hatroopes I'm so proud of you! You know they always say black people don't even try to learn how to swim

• Mommy2BEL said:
    For as long as I can remember, I have wanted a Louis Vuitton bag.  I am sitting at my desk, trying to justify buying one in the very near future.  *sidenote - I carry purses for yearrrrrsssss.  So it is an investment...right?

Right! They last a very long time too

• JSS1002JSS1002 member

Mine: I feel like I've relaxed waaaay too easily into vacation mode. I miss the kids for sure, but I had a my first drink by 11 am yesterday. Whoops.

That's the point! Live it up, girlie!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • none5none5 member
    Mommy2BEL said:
    For as long as I can remember, I have wanted a Louis Vuitton bag.  I am sitting at my desk, trying to justify buying one in the very near future.  *sidenote - I carry purses for yearrrrrsssss.  So it is an investment...right?
    Mine was a gift and it is at least 30 years old. Invest now and give it to your daughter. She will thank you some day. Just make sure you get a classic one and not a trendy one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MsAmeera25‌ at least you get in the pool! 90% of my husbands family WILL NOT even put their feet in the pool or any form of water. This includes my MIL and three of his four siblings.

• Warner got sushi for dinner tonight... I don't even know if you are supposed to give a baby sushi... but I did. And he loved it.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • @mrandmrsk91011 I'm pretty sure spider rolls don't have raw fish, so you should be able to eat that while pregnant!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    @mrandmrsk91011 I'm pretty sure spider rolls don't have raw fish, so you should be able to eat that while pregnant!
    I know! That makes me super happy. What doesnt make me happy is that the closest sushi place is 30 minutes from my house, lol
    I think they actually revised the rules about sushi in between my pregnancies - I"ve read some stuff about it being okay as long as it is something you ate prior to becoming pregnant and is from a reputable place (um, why would you ever eat sushi from a NON reputable place?!)

That said - I had raw fish sushi a couple of weeks ago in an act of pregnant defiance and then was sick the whole next week - probably not related,but it didn't make me feel great about the choice, so I probably won't do it again!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jss1002 I ate some sushi once while pregnant... it was in the icky phase of pregnancy and it was the ONLY thing that sounded appetizing... I lost all control in a moment of weakness! Anyway, the guilt and worrying I felt afterwards were SO not worth it, so I didn't touch it again. The funny thing is that now that I've had Rhys, I don't like sushi as much as I used to :-(
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @jss1002 I ate some sushi once while pregnant... it was in the icky phase of pregnancy and it was the ONLY thing that sounded appetizing... I lost all control in a moment of weakness! Anyway, the guilt and worrying I felt afterwards were SO not worth it, so I didn't touch it again. The funny thing is that now that I've had Rhys, I don't like sushi as much as I used to :-(
    Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about it -- also, getting sick shortly after might have me "off" sushi for a while because it no longer sounds appetizing.  Sigh.  OH well.  I felt the same way about alcohol with both pregnancies -- I thought I'd be the type that still enjoyed an occasional small glass of red wine, but the first pregnancy it sounded TERRIBLE, and so far this time I just feel like "dude, I'm sure it would be fine, but if something happened I'd NEVER forgive myself - so not worth it."  However, missing summer grilling season with an ice cold lemon shandy will be sad! :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"