April 2013 Moms

Car accident :-(

DH is fine, but he got in a semi-bad car accident this morning and the car is likely totaled.  That is fine with me -- while I don't love the idea of having to buy a new car right now, it was getting old and we'd been trying to figure out our next car situaiton anyway.  I'm just so glad he is okay -- a little bruised and scraped up, but nothing major at all.  My heart leapt into my throat when he called me, I knew something was wrong.

So now we're just waiting for insurance info -- the accident wasn't his fault, so hopefully they'll just total the car out and it will be easy and fast.  

IT was a good reminder to never take anything for granted, to be safe and to tell your people you love them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Car accident :-(

• So glad that he was ok!! Hope everything goes smoothly with the insurance stuff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    knitfaced said:
    I'm so glad this has a happy ending. Car accidents are just the scariest thing. And I'm very glad you weren't in the car too. Gotta keep that little girl safe!
    Yes, thank you -- neither James or I were in the car, so that is really good.  I had a terrifying car accident about 10 years ago (broadsided by a deadbeat running a red light, rolled my car, pulled out through windows), and I walked away with some bruises and needing 3 stitches in my left elbow... but it was SO scary, and this reminded me a lot of that... really gets your heart racing and your soul feeling grateful.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear he is ok!!!
  • glad he is okay and here's hoping you get a fun new car out of the deal:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • danuli8danuli8 member
    So scary, but thank goodness DH is all right and you and James weren't in the vehicle. Whew. I freaked out a little when I saw the thread title and your handle as the starter.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Oh no i'm glad he is okay. 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• none5none5 member
    Wow. I am glad your husband is ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad he is okay!

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Kate_CKate_C member
    Scary business. If he is sore at all, make sure he gets into the doctor to get checked out. And if you have any questions about insurance stuff, let me know. Hopefully the other person has good coverage and they get someone out to evaluate your car and get you a check. They should pay for his rental and replacing car seats in the mean time (assuming he has seats in his car).
  • I'm glad you all are safe!
  • Oh wow...so scary. SO glad he wasn't seriously hurt.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Kate_C said:
    Scary business. If he is sore at all, make sure he gets into the doctor to get checked out. And if you have any questions about insurance stuff, let me know. Hopefully the other person has good coverage and they get someone out to evaluate your car and get you a check. They should pay for his rental and replacing car seats in the mean time (assuming he has seats in his car).
    Thanks Kate-- he was checked out in the back of the ambulance and has refused to go to the hospital, against my urging (sadly, I have a lot of experience in the car accident department!), but he seems to be fine, just general aches and pains today.  Seems like other dude has good insurance, and he's been talking to them.  I just hope this part goes fast so that we can at least quickly get our hands on a rental because this car sharing bizness aint my style. ;-)  I have today and Monday off work so it is fine for now,but with me commuting downtown and James in daycare and Mike working in Eagan, it isn't ideal.  

Good call about them paying for the carseat - I hadn't even thought of that.  We dont' actually need it because it is still the stupid infant seat that we hadn't changed out yet in his car (I KNOW), and we have another one that has never been used for baby girl and a convertible to put in DH's, but I'll definitely take the $$ for it!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • elbouelbou member
    danuli8 said:
    So scary, but thank goodness DH is all right and you and James weren't in the vehicle. Whew. I freaked out a little when I saw the thread title and your handle as the starter.
    Me too! I was worried it was you involved. I'm so happy to hear your DH is okay! Hope the insurance stuff goes through quickly, and you get the rental fast!

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    elbou said:
    danuli8 said:
    Me too! I was worried it was you involved. I'm so happy to hear your DH is okay! Hope the insurance stuff goes through quickly, and you get the rental fast!
    Oh sorry guys, I didn't mean to scare anybody.  I did actually get in a car accident when I was pregnant with James and it was terrifying -- everybody was obviously fine.  SOmetimes I Think I have a magnet on my car for assholes who aren't paying attention and want to hit somebody!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh no! So happy he is okay.

• I'm so glad he's ok, that is so scary.

• You scared me with this post... I thought YOU had been in a car accident, and you're pregnant!!! So glad everything is okay!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Whoa, so scary! I'm happy your H is ok and walked away ok.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JSS1002 said:

DH is fine, but he got in a semi-bad car accident this morning and the car is likely totaled.  That is fine with me -- while I don't love the idea of having to buy a new car right now, it was getting old and we'd been trying to figure out our next car situaiton anyway.  I'm just so glad he is okay -- a little bruised and scraped up, but nothing major at all.  My heart leapt into my throat when he called me, I knew something was wrong.

So now we're just waiting for insurance info -- the accident wasn't his fault, so hopefully they'll just total the car out and it will be easy and fast.  

IT was a good reminder to never take anything for granted, to be safe and to tell your people you love them!

Oh my! How scary :( Glad he is okay!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"