June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Swimming Babies

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited May 2014 in June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Swimming Babies 95 votes

No, baby hasn't been swimming yet and no plans to do so any time soon.
2% 2 votes
No, baby hasn't been swimming but I'd like to plan something soon (or have something planned).
33% 32 votes
Yes, but just once. It didn't go well.
1% 1 vote
Yes, but just once. We haven't had many opportunities.
5% 5 votes
Yes, a few times.
16% 16 votes
Yes. In fact, baby has been in swimming classes of some sort.
20% 19 votes
Yes, many times. I have a water baby.
20% 19 votes
Grace, I want to see your two piece.
1% 1 vote

Re: Clicky Poll - Swimming Babies

• nikel13nikel13 member
    Lily doesn't like to be cold.  Her feet and hands still turn blue.  If the water is chilly, she starts crying and it is game over.  She just clings to me.  She likes water otherwise.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amie444amie444 member
    We have done 2 sessions of the basic community center/YMCA classes.  She loves the water.  We just finished another session of an actual swim school.  She is already holding her breath for 5 seconds and pulling herself up on the side of the pool.  She loves loves loves the water.  

• Loading the player...
  • LO's getting swim lessons/mommy&me swim classes for his birthday!  I'm so excited :-D

Based on LO's new-found fun game during bath-time of playing around lying on his belly, I feel like he's ready!  Though he still hates being on his back in the water ...
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    Swim lessons. He has done 8 out of his 12 if I remember correctly.  We also plan on joining the community pool, which is literally just a block from my house, like a two or three minute walk at most. 
  • We are in swimming classes, but there have only been 2 so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Monkeybutt80Monkeybutt80 member
    edited May 2014
    We've been doing swim lessons through the local Y. Our third session is this weekend and we will probably hit our community pool on weekends now that it is open. 
    ETA: we tried the baby pool in our backyard (one of those small blow up ones) and he wasn't having it even though he likes the swim lessons. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • daffy2kdaffy2k member
    I have a water baby. We were in the pool every single day during the month we spent in AZ. No swim lessons though, because my town is lame and right now is not offering them for the little guys.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Swim lessons, a couple pool parties and pool in our complex. He is so happy in the pool and just splashed and giggles the whole time!
  • We have a kiddie pool for Grayson. He loves it as long as we let the water warm up for a few hours before he gets in it. I definitely have a water baby on mg hands :)
    image imageimageimage
  • We did a round of swim lessons when he was 6 months and we've been to the community pool. He adores the water and would spend all day in the pool if I let him. We'll definitely be getting a pool this summer.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"