Baby Names

Willow?

A lot of people who have voted on my names have voted 'no' on Willow.  How come?  I love it! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Willow?

• Name polls are weird because people hate names for different reasons.  If you love it (and spell it correctly!) then go for it. I also love Willa. 
  • I love the name willow too but I could never bring my self to name my child that. I think it has to do with the fact that any thing I name my child needs to be really meaningful and to me willow is just a beautiful tree.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's pretty, but it reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I like Willa better.
  • imagefirsttimemama:
    A lot of people who have voted on my names have voted 'no' on Willow.  How come?  I love it! 

I like it...

am I mistaken or is one of Sarah Palin's childrens' names Willow?

• I like it too - we have a friend with a daughter named Willow though and we'd feel like we were stealing it if we have a girl. Keep in mind - it doesn't matter what other people think (vote on), it's YOUR name - you get to name it! No matter what you name your kid, someone will dislike it or make fun of it.
  • Don't worry, my fav names on my name poll are the least liked! Oh well. Like PP said if you love it and you don't get krayzy with the spelling don't worry what others think.

Fwiw I like the name Willow.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It is pretty, but for me it goes into the too nature-like category--along with Dawn, Autumn, etc. Pretty, but def NMS.
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • I think it sounds hippyish.  It is cute though.
  • It reminds me of Willow, one of the male main characters in the movie "Willow".  Just doesn't make me think of a sweet little girl.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • I know what you mean... it's not that you need others to like your name choice to use it, it's just nice to have opinions! I put my name on the other day and got lots of likes and dislikes of it- it didn't change my mind- just gave me some things to think about! I like Willow! I like anything unique and I think Willow is unique and beautiful!
  • imagetyarbrough:
    I know what you mean... it's not that you need others to like your name choice to use it, it's just nice to have opinions! I put my name on the other day and got lots of likes and dislikes of it- it didn't change my mind- just gave me some things to think about! I like Willow! I like anything unique and I think Willow is unique and beautiful!

Yes exactly!  We will be naming our baby Willow if it's a girl no matter what, I just wanted to know why so many people don't seem to like it!

• I like Willow too, but wouldn't use it because of the Buffy connection. I would never hear the end of it as DH is a big Buffy fan.
  • I really, really like it, but I'm not sure if I would use it.
  • I love Willow and Willa. They were in my top names.

My DH hates it, but it doesn't matter because we're having a boy anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMitzie:
    I like Willow too, but wouldn't use it because of the Buffy connection. I would never hear the end of it as DH is a big Buffy fan.

That's funny, but neither DH or I were never into Buffy, so that's probably why we both like it!  And the funny this is, our second girl name is Lily, and the actor who played Willow on Buffy is on that show How I Met Your Mother, and her name is Lily!  Weird.

• yuck. ?i just don't think that should be a name.
  • I love it too. Very pretty
  • I'm sorry, but I don't like it either.  I associate it with the movie and Buffy and nature names.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have heard it for boy and for a girl. I don't care for it either way. I think it reminds people of Will Smith's daughter..
  • Willa is my top girls name, but im not fond of Willow at all...it doesnt sound right to me.
  • imageRockCandy:
    It's pretty, but it reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I like Willa better.
    I have the Buffy connection, too.
  • I like it! We know a willa and she is adorable!
  • Hmm, I like it. Huh? I like the nature names, and I never watched Buffy, so for me it's just an nice, normal but not super trendy name. Good choice IMHO!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I like it!  My maiden name is Wills and I've considered Willow or Willa for a girl's name.
  • Willow and Teagan are 2 of my favorite girl names...go for it
  • I love Willow!  I didn't even think about the Buffy connection.  I just think it's a pretty name.
  • As a teacher I have to say that almost every name I hear comes with a face of a student - for better or worse.

Willow, for me, is hippie. That is cool if that is what you want. It is a very pretty name!!! I agree with the previous post that Willa is very nice! 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with the previous poster. The names just sounds too hippy-dippy to me.
  • It's hippie. I had a foster dog I named Willow ;)

I just try to imagine my child in 25 years with her name. Can she seriously say,  "Hello. I'm Dr. Willow Reed" or "Attorney Willow Reed"

If she becomes a Senior VP of a major company, does "Willow Reed" scream "Senior VP" to me?

And it just doesn't work, sorry.

• I like it too but it also reminds me of the movie Willow and I just think of a the short man
  • I love the name Willow, but I like the naturey names. (DD's middle name is Skye, and I wanted Skye for a first name.) I also like Buffy. This is why DH nixed it. He also doesn't like Willa and I LOVE Willa Cather. :(

I think it has to do with the fact that he almost went out with Allyson Hannigan, but didn't.

Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think it's a cute name for a little girl, but not an adult. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"