January 2014 Moms

Anybody else's LO suck their top lip?

DS2 started sucking his top lip today.  He sucks on it like a paci, pulling the right side into his mouth and his tongue sticks out to suck it in.  Totally weird. He won't take a paci and I thought he was starting to get the hang of sucking his thumb.  
Does anybody else's LO do this? I've never heard of it before or seen it. 
image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anybody else's LO suck their top lip?

• chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited May 2014
    Funny u posted this cause DS started doing this the last couple days I've noticed. But he has his bottom lip in and it looks to me that he's sucking on it. DS does like pacifiers but when it's out of his mouth I sometimes find him sucking on bottom lip. I wonder if it's because he maybe starting to teethe. It must feel good on his bottom gums. Ha ha. Who knows.
    Edit. Can't type
  • bnikbnik member
    my son has been doing this for about 3 weeks now
  • Loading the player...
  • cnctfcnctf member
    Yep, started doing it this week. So cute!
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He kind of pulls both lips in almost like fish lips. It's adorable.
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I don't have personal experience but there is a little boy in my moms daycare now who does this. Just as a comfort sort of thing. I think it's normal.

• Yes! She's been doing this for a couple months! Not all the time though

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• katagskatags member
    Mine obsessively sucked her bottom lip for her entire 3rd month. She now only does it occasionally.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Roses87Roses87 member
    My poor kick had my mouth/lips which are super small. She didn't have much of a lip to duck on. Lol. ;) this sounds cute though.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Mine does it with her bottom lip, almost like she's sucking her tongue somehow. I say it looks like she's chewing gum almost.
  • Mine sucks her bottom lip and sometimes moves her mouth like she's chewing gum or something. So cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"