January 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare Help? :(

Our current in home DC situation is ending in September (DCP is having 3rd baby and will no longer doing DC).  Currently DD gets dropped off by me at 6am and her day is really flexible.  There are only 2 or 3 other kids there so DCP just goes by each kids schedule.  DD has always been an early bird so she goes down for her nap between 11 and noon and will nap 2.5 to 3 hours.  She naps in a crib in a dark room.

The new DC we are looking at is also an in-home but it's certified meaning there will be 6 or 7 kiddos and is much more structured.  Drop off time is 7 and my biggest worry is "naptime" is from 130 to 330.  That is super late for her and even though the DCP said she could try to get her down first after their lunch I worry that it is way too long of awake time for her and that she is going to be a wreck.  They also sleep in one room with either a cot or pack n play. 

Do you think she would just adjust?  Should I use the time this summer to slowly move her nap time later and bedtime later to see if she would wake later?  We have tried this before and it didn;t go well but I only tried it for a week each time.  I'm just afraid that with even more stimulation that she is going to be falling asleep during lunch and have a hard time. 

Any thoughts?  Ideas?  I think the bigger group and more structure might be good for her at that age, it is much more like a Montessori and I like it but the whole day is almost two hours plus off her normal schedule. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Daycare Help? :(

• Options
    I agree with @teds1chic. I would be willing to bet that she will adjust. My LO goes to an in-home too and our provider will put him down first and wake him up last since he was having some issues with being over-tired a few weeks ago. I was nervous about him adjusting because he was going from a center where he was in a classroom with babies his age to the in-home where he is the youngest one by about 6 months. It took a week or two but once he saw what the "bigger" kids were doing, he wanted to do the same and he adjusted. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    I'm sure she will adjust, DS's schedule is different when he is at home or with my Mom (no other kiddos) but at d/c he follows their schedule. Course she is also flexible, if DS is tired before the other kids (he's the youngest) she will go ahead and put him down. We too are switching to a different in-home d/c in August. The new one is more scheduled as far as going to story time at the library and play time at the park. But I'm sure DS will adjust to the new schedule after a week or so. There will be two little babies there, I think that will be the biggest adjustment...when he is not the youngest any longer.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2013mommy said:

She will definitely adjust! DS decided to drop his second nap at daycare around 12 months. It was a rough few weeks but he eventually settled into a schedule and now naps around 1pm. It was rough because it was slow for him to adjust his wake up and bedtimes to be in sync with his later nap time. He also wouldn't follow his DC schedule on days he was home for the first month or so. I definitely like that DS is with a wider age range in one room (they are 12 months, 22 months, 3, and 5 plus DS) so dealing with his schedule changes were worth it to me! 

@2013mommy‌ ... You say your little one naps at one? Can you tell me the rest of his schedule then? It is just so far of from ours that I can't fathom wake time and bedtime, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I'm jealous of his night sleep! DD goes down at seven too but is often up at five, I consider six a win! She usually puts in three hours of nap in which is another reason why I worry about loss of nap time. Maybe this will lengthen night sleep for her?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ambmamaambmama member
    edited May 2014
    I agree that she will adjust; however, 1:30 is super late. Taylor has been at 3 daycares because of moves and 1pm has been his latest nap time. He napped at 11:45 at his first, 12 at his 2nd, and now 1 (though they said many days he's so tired so they put him down first and it's closer to 12/30). Most dcp will still read your child's signals, and if they are cranky and tired, they will put them down.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"