TTC After a Loss

Lack of motivation to lose weight

I feel like I have a million excuses and none of them are worth a damn!
I keep losing and gaining the same 10 pounds . It's ridiculous .
I love carbs ok..and they love to stick to my ass arms stomach and thighs .
I'm SHORT!!! If I were 5 inches taller I would look like Beyoncé ..ok maybe not .
I don't want to be skinny ...I just don't want to look like a beached whale ..or feel like my clothes are sausage casings .

So...diet and exercise .. Who's with me ....ugh . Tomorrow right ?

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Lack of motivation to lose weight

• You can do it! you should join us on the healthy living check in! Try this, eat 2 veggies with yiur dinner every night and eat them first before the rest of your food. It is a small thing but can help fill you up a little before you eat anything else and you get the healthy stuff.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• I'm with you. I made a schedule for going to the gym, but I haven't been keeping up. I was planning to see if there are any good videos or wii games I could use to exercise at home on days I don't go. Think I'll look today! I always feel like if there's something I start doing right when I realize I'm slacking it helps. I'm also drinking lots more water and tea and find that helps satisfy me when I want to snack. make a plan. You can do it lady!
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Julz81Julz81 member
    I'm in the same boat as you.. when I had my m/c I thought will this will give me a few months to lose some weight before trying again but yeah.. I'm getting no where.

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Km380Km380 member
    Come join us on the healthy living checkin for some motivation:) I fluctuate like 10 pounds a yr and before my first bfp I was maintaining my ideal (for me) weight. I still haven't gotten back to it . You can do it though!!

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• smcniffsmcniff member
    I find that telling other people my goals help hold me accountable. It is no big deal if I break a promise to myself, but when my husband is saying 'weren't you going to exercise tonight' I actually get up and do it.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
    BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

• I managed to give up my morning white mochas thinking this is going to instantly jump the slim down process . Nope! And lord do I miss them !! I don't want my weight to be a contributing factor to my MC :( my OB encouraged me to try to lose weight during my "waiting period" after my MC and I am at the same dang weight . Ahh!!
    I think exercise is the key for me . I can't lose weight otherwise . So..no more excuses !!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

• I'm in the same boat.  I'd like to lose 20 lbs (yeah right) before we TTC again just to get my body back to a healthy state.  I've gained 8 lbs since my MC so that hasn't helped...my OB has given me the all clear to try again and would like to see me try right away because I'm 34 and creeping towards AMA, but I want to have a healthy pregnancy and I don't feel I can do that at this weight.  

Definitely join us on the Healthy Living Check-in @MrsSnyder124!

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • I feel your pain.  All of my pants are currently being held together by hair rubber bands to give me a little extra room.  It's been 8 months since my first loss of the year and I'm still struggling.  I decided to start doing small things like walking with my neighbor friend at the butt crack of dawn or going to the gym and only doing the elliptical for 30 minutes.  I find I do best when I set small goals for myself.  I love weight watchers but haven't been able to get back to it yet.  My plan for the summer is, try to move every day and eat better.  I do enjoy my wine and I'm not willing to give that up yet!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• edited May 2014
    I am short, too. I totally feel your pain on how a few pounds can wreak havoc. I did myfitnesspal.com about a year ago and took off about 15 lbs. What it helped me to do was be wiser with portion control. I still eat more or less what I want (I love those carbs), but instead of 2 pieces of toast, I will have one. I will only eat 1/2 cup of rice at a serving. I stopped taking sugar in my lattes. It took about 7 months to get where I wanted, but I dropped the first 5 lbs in just about a month. I have put on about 5 lbs in the past few weeks (I think I have been stress-eating) so I am having to watch myself more closely right now. ETA: correct autocorrect.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • I feel your pain. I gained about 6 pounds after my first loss last May and never lost it. After my second loss this March, I gained another 6. There was a groupon deal for Personal Trainer Food so I decided to try it and so far, so good. I have 2 pounds to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I will warn you though, no carbs allowed :((

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MrsSnyder124MrsSnyder124 member
    edited May 2014
    It doesn't help that DH is a carbaholic!!!! And doesn't eat vegetables <.< . I think I'm going to have to start making separate dinners ;( I took "before " pictures hoping it would scare me into working out ...it made me want to cry over a cake !! Haha

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

• This is my experience following my loss:
    I got talked into doing a three week muscle building challenge with a personal trainer who does almost zero cardio. In the three weeks I cut out carbs except for vegetables and I didn't lose much weight but dropped 6% body fat, granted I had a lot to lose. I lost the most of the group so I won a free month of personal training. I have lost 11 pounds (which is a lot, but in the past when i have done Atkins without exercising, i would lose that in a month and I am in my seventh week) but I feel unbelievable. I have done all sorts of cardio (in the far, distant past) but never felt so good. I would have never thought to try muscle building over cardio, but for me, it seems to be key. I'm still overweight, but I don't care as much because I feel so strong.

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really hope I didn't sound bitchy and showing off, because that isn't at all what I intended. I just wanted to shares experience of trying a new way to lose weight(muscle over the cardio). So I am sorry if I did come off wrong.

I think the other thing to remember is that following a loss (or multiple) your hormones are all sorts of whack and losing weight becomes harder.

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My h and I love carbs too, which has made it very difficult. Not to mention I had gained 15 pounds from the pregnancy. Immediately after my loss I signed up for a 5k because I figured it would get me out of the house and socializing with my friends.I haven't done any training, but I have been walking, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Right now, my husband is very financially motivated so if we paid for it we have to do it! I also paid for monthly classes at a ballet barre place because one of my friends works there and if you cancel a class, it's $10 on top of the monthly fee. I have been signing up for the classes when I'm feeling motivated, scheduling the classes for super early (6am) so I can't cancel it within the window because I'm sleeping. That's pretty much the only way I'm getting motivated to work out. I am not losing any weight, but feeling a lot better emotionally.  

@MrsSnyder124 I did the same thing! You can do it! The hardest part is getting started or to a class. Once you've started it's 10x easier!! 
  • I am in the same boat. I keep battling the same 10 - 15 pound when I have to lose 40. I've done WW, calori counting you name it.

A fb friend joined a program 20 weeks ago and is down 40 pounds and I realized that can be me in 20 weeks if I change or 20 weeks from now I can be exactly where I am. For whatever reason that fired me up.

I joined the YMCA  and am working out at least 5 times a week and am setting up an appointment with a nutritionist. 

GL!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• You didn't sound bitchy at all @footprint‌ !! I've been away from the bump this afternoon ;) bumping and driving is not ok ..in more than one way !! (Da da Ching! )

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"