July 2013 Moms

Updated (#3): Our First ER Visit

edited May 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Update #3 (and hopefully last!): CT scan shows an infection in front of the eye, not behind in the socket like they were afraid of. So that's good. They are giving him antibiotics by injection and still trying to keep the fever under control. They are keeping us here until Sunday for monitoring, so hopefully that's the last of it!

-------------------------

Update #2: Back in the ER. Went for a follow up visit this morning when they said the eye is worse and there should've been a CT scan yesterday. Went to ENT who confirmed and sent me over to the children's hospital. Got here around 2-2:30, now waiting on the CT scan results. They're gonna keep us overnight at least. Will update when I know more! Ugggg !

-----------------------

Update: So they say its an infection in his eye ( there's a fancy name for it in the paperwork they gave us). The prescribed antibiotics for him that'll be ready in about an hour. Dude is wiped. Slept most of the ER visit and is back asleep on me now at home. Doc sounded confident the antibiotics will wipe out the infection. Definitely could've been worse! Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

--------------------------------------------

So some of you might remember Tuesday I asked if I should make an appointment for Keenan's fever, swollen eye, and ear tugging. The pedi couldnt get him in until the next day so when his temp spiked in the afternoon we went to urgent care.

They checked him out and basically said the eye was a duct issue and a virus was causing the fever. Said to give him Tylenol or motrin. So we did that, but had the worst night since he was born and woke up to his eye worse than before. Our pedi squeezed him in this morning, said the eye looks infected, and sent us to the ER for imaging on his eye.

Dude is miserable you guys. We're in a room waiting on the doc and I nursed him to sleep. Poor kid is hating being poked and prodded. Hoping its nothing serious and can give him antibiotics or something!
imageView Full Size Image

Re: Updated (#3): Our First ER Visit

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"