February 2013 Moms

Bad mom

Have any of you fabulous mommies been called a "bad mommy", even as a joke? How did you take it? My best friend has said it to me multiple times in a joking manner and I have told her it hurts my feelings ( besides I know I am a damn good mother ). She's not a mother herself yet, do she doesn't know what it's like. She is currently expecting and she keeps telling me that's a joke and to lighten up etc....am I being too uptight?

Re: Bad mom

• Seems like a crappy thing to say regardless. Whats the context?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh I gave him waffles for dinner
  • Loading the player...
  • She needs to stop out of respect for your feelings. Doesn't matter if she's a mother, expecting, or otherwise. She needs to respect you and your request.

• tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited May 2014
    My grandma told me I was a heartless, uncharitable, terrible mother last summer at my brother's wedding when I told dd she needed to have a glass of water before another soda. Only she wasn't joking. :(

I pretty much haven't spoken to her since. And this came from a woman who I was the favorite grandchild for over thirty years.

Edit to add: I missed your question the first time around. Absolutely not, you are not being too upright. It's a hurtful and mean thing to say at any time, joking or not.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• @luxannie people have said "I am surprised you are such a good mom, I was worried when u told me you were pregnant". Thanks for the support!!!!!
  • I took something away from DS and my SIL said to him I know, Mummy's mean, isn't she?".  I just told her "please don't say things like that, even as a joke".  I don't want DS to start calling me mean when I do things like take away something dangerous.

• You fed your kid? That is a shitty thing to do! Lol. Its annoying to me that you asked her to stop and she didn't. Now you totally have to say it to her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also think it's a passive thing when someone says to your LO "mommy's mean" @Meggiemuggins‌ my mother did that once and I blew a fuse
  • @mishka29‌ I will be giving it some serious consideration if she doesn't cut it out.
  • I would warn her that maybe she won't like it so much when the tables are turned. If she can't control her comments, maybe she'll understand how it feels when you let one or two slip after her LO is born and you say "lol! J/k!!!"
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"