Updated (#3): Our First ER Visit — The Bump
July 2013 Moms

Updated (#3): Our First ER Visit

edited May 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Update #3 (and hopefully last!): CT scan shows an infection in front of the eye, not behind in the socket like they were afraid of. So that's good. They are giving him antibiotics by injection and still trying to keep the fever under control. They are keeping us here until Sunday for monitoring, so hopefully that's the last of it!

-------------------------

Update #2: Back in the ER. Went for a follow up visit this morning when they said the eye is worse and there should've been a CT scan yesterday. Went to ENT who confirmed and sent me over to the children's hospital. Got here around 2-2:30, now waiting on the CT scan results. They're gonna keep us overnight at least. Will update when I know more! Ugggg !

-----------------------

Update: So they say its an infection in his eye ( there's a fancy name for it in the paperwork they gave us). The prescribed antibiotics for him that'll be ready in about an hour. Dude is wiped. Slept most of the ER visit and is back asleep on me now at home. Doc sounded confident the antibiotics will wipe out the infection. Definitely could've been worse! Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

--------------------------------------------

So some of you might remember Tuesday I asked if I should make an appointment for Keenan's fever, swollen eye, and ear tugging. The pedi couldnt get him in until the next day so when his temp spiked in the afternoon we went to urgent care.

They checked him out and basically said the eye was a duct issue and a virus was causing the fever. Said to give him Tylenol or motrin. So we did that, but had the worst night since he was born and woke up to his eye worse than before. Our pedi squeezed him in this morning, said the eye looks infected, and sent us to the ER for imaging on his eye.

Dude is miserable you guys. We're in a room waiting on the doc and I nursed him to sleep. Poor kid is hating being poked and prodded. Hoping its nothing serious and can give him antibiotics or something!
imageView Full Size Image

Re: Updated (#3): Our First ER Visit

• Oh my! I hope he's ok! Keep us updated.
  • chiboo9chiboo9
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    Poor thing :( Hope everything's ok! Keep us posted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope everything's okay and you get to go home soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • emandiaemandia
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Poor baby!!! I'm sorry he's going through that. Feel better little buddy.

• Poor little guy. I hope you get answers and he feels better soon.
  • Oh no! I'm sorry. :( Poor little guy!
  • Aw, poor little guy. I hope he's better soon!
  • fabkfabk
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon!
  • Hope he feels better soon!

*On 4.28.11 we said goodbye to our angel baby (D&E at 18.5 weeks)*
  • Oh no! That sounds so miserable. I hope they can get him better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Poor baby! I hope he feels better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dliz87dliz87
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I am so sorry and am anxiously waiting an update. T&P

• Keep us updated! Sending prayers y'all's way!
  • >:D< Hope the little man feels better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pink724Pink724
    2500 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    Hope he feels better soon!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Poor thing. That's awful. Did they give you eye drops? I had an eye infection like five years ago and the eye drops were crazy expensive for just and itty bitty bottle. Like smaller than my thumb. To be fair though I don't think I had insurance at the time. I changed jobs and it hadn't kicked in yet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @Meimsx - no eye drops. Thank goodness, because I don't think the dude would take those well.

He's been sleeping a ton today, so hopefully that's a good sign...

• ljs4117ljs4117
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Photogenic
     Oh poor baby :(  Hope he's feeling better soon!
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 
    BFP #3 10/07/13
  • So sorry to hear that you guys are going through this. Hope he's feeling better soon!  >:D<
  • Glad to hear that he's going to be ok!
  • Glad he's ok!! Feel better, stinker!
  • spb27spb27
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Love Its 500 Comments Photogenic
    Hope he gets well soon
  • Poor guy! ! Hope he heals up fast!

• This is the poor kid. He's been sleeping practically all day. Hopefully those meds kick in soon!

• Dani428Dani428
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    Glad to hear everything's going to be ok!!

imageimageimage

• dliz87dliz87
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Glad you know what it is and are working towards recovery! Hope your sweet little guy gets rest and feels much better soon.

• Poor little guy! I hope the medicine works fast.
  • Glad there's an answer, and I hope he feels better soon!!
  • I just saw this post! Glad they figured it out and hope he feels better soon!
  • Glad things are under control. Feel better baby
  • @llmg0715‌ - doing OK. Eye looks worse, but he slept a ton yesterday and last night. He isn't that interested in eating, which is worrying me a little. I gave him antibiotics then fed him (even tho he wasn't necessarily hungry) about an hour ago and he proceeded to throw up. I'm guessing its because he wasn't hungry, but he likely threw up a dose of his antibiotics. He has a follow up today in a couple hours so we'll see what he has to say.

It's very possible when we went to urgent care that it wasn't yet an infection. I'll keep they in mind to call them about it.

• For your support, a pic of the babe getting ready for his CT scan!

opheliainwaders[Deleted User]MRads
  • Oh goodness. Poor baby and mama. Hope the meds kick in soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Roller skating,anyone? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rondosarondosa
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its
    Hope you guys are okay, how sad poor little dude :(

Did they say how this could happen?
  • @rondosa‌ - could've been a variety of things, but most likely it was a duct or sinus issue that worked its way up into the eye area and became infected. Not much we could've done about it I gather...

• I'm just seeing this now, but I'm thinking of you. How's Keenan doing this morning? That eye looks pretty tender.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @valstulas‌ - doing OK this am (west coast so we're just getting up). Eye is still puffy and his fever meds had wore off so he was crummy this morning. Might be wishful thinking but it looks a tad less swollen. On the bright side he slept really great last night.

rondosa
  • Poor kiddo, glad they are monitoring....and thst the infection wasn't behind the eye....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no! I missed all this. Hoping he will be feeling better and homeward bound very soon. >:D<
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.