February 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding question

Do any of your lo's constantly pop off during a feeding? For the past few weeks (two, maybe?) he just keeps popping on and off, on and off. It's driving me nuts! Anyone else? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding question

• When my LO does this, it's an indicator that he's not really hungry. Are you feeding on demand? I was so used to our little routine that I was automatically feeding when LO woke up in the morning, but this is how he let me know that he's not really hungry when he wakes up. If he ever does the popping off, I just stop trying and wait for him to tell me he's ready to eat.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • tenfourtenfour member
    You know, that's a really good point. I do feed on demand but after it's been a while and I feel like he "should" be hungry I feed him but maybe he's really not. What a rookie mistake! Maybe I need to wait until he's really asking for it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd wait till he's asking for it. DD will also sometimes do this if it's especially loud and busy. Again, I'll try to wait a bit longer (if she's more hungry she'll focus more) or see if I can find a quieter corner.

image image
  • Logan does it a lot...I generally just end the feeding session at that point and try again later when he decides he's actually hungry.
  • ..I generally just end the feeding session at that point and try again later.

This.

Lilypie - (jCE1)

Lilypie - (mQ2I)

Daisypath - (hLYb)

• LO does that when she's either not hungry, or she's got to burp.

imageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tenfourtenfour member
    I can't believe I didn't think of any of these things. I bet your'e right about distractions, too, because I was thinking about it and it doesn't really happen at night when we're in the dark. Thanks ladies!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine ususally does this he is needs to burp too :)

• My LO started this but it just started because he is becoming more nosey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"