November 2013 Moms

Weight loss weekly check-in

Okay, weight loss buddies, let's hear all about your goals and plans this week!

How much do you plan to lose/what's your goal weight?

What exercises do you plan on doing, and how many times a week?

Any food-related goals/restrictions?

What apps are you using to help with keeping up with weight loss, if any?

GTKY: What's your favorite healthy meal right now?

Re: Weight loss weekly check-in

• megswenmegswen member
    edited May 2014
    I plan on losing 10 pounds. I want to be down to 120. That's less than I was pre-pregnancy. We'll see if I can do it!

I've got a Pilates DVD that I really like, so I'll start out by doing that 3x a week. The last time I did it was a few months ago, and it totally kicked my butt, even though it was so easy before I was pregnant! Stupid.

No soda, juice, etc. (nothing but water), only one dessert/treat a week, and no fast food. I also want to eat way more fruits and veggies. I plan to eat a fruit or veggie every time I crave sugar (which is a lot).

My Fitness Pal and Happy Scale.

Grilled chicken topped with homemade pico de gallo (made with tomatoes, onion, garlic, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lime juice) and served with brown rice. Yeah, I think I'll make that tonight now.
  • Weight Goal: I'd be happy at 140/135. That is about 15/20 lbs for me.

Exercise Plan: Jillian Michaels 30 Shred DVD 3x week, 30 minute walk with stroller 2x a week.

Food Restrictions: Less carbs...I eat SO MUCH I need to get back down to a normal amount.

Apps: None

Favourite Healthy Meal is grilled chicken, steamed brown rice, grilled or steamed veggies, and tomato slices!

I should confess that I JUST ate a lemon cupcake from smallcakes....last one till I can get a handle on this weight issue, I SWEAR!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Weight goal: I would LOVE to lose 20lbs but would be quite happy if I could lose the 8lb of baby weight that I still have on! Started my childbearing years at 150 and after my 4th pregnancy, I would love to be back there (ie the 20lbs)

Exercise Plan: I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so I will start there (and I'm sure it will kick my butt). I would like to order T-25 as well!

Food Restrictions: trying to eat all whole grains, no white flours! I had great results with that in the last. Also, more fruits and veges

No apps right now

I love salmon, brown rice, and steamed broccoli!! My kids actually like it too :)
  • Weight goal: I would like to lose 20 pounds to be back to my pre pregnancy weight. I felt really good around 150.
    Exercise plan: I have a lot of biggest loser and Jillian michaels workout DVDs so I'm going to try to find time to do one a day. We try to take DS for a walk most nights weather pending. DH and I both work full time so I find that I really struggle to find time to exercise.
    Food restrictions: no carbs after 3 pm. And eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, I was seeing a nutritionist prior to lo and the plan really worked well.
    No apps right now .
    Favorite healthy meal: since it's grilling season, I love to take onions, pepers, mushrooms, broccoli, chicken and shrimp all mixed together marinated in teriyaki sause on the grill. It's delicious and you can add and subtract things, something I will also put it over some brown rice.
  • Weight goal: I would love to be 150
    Exercise plan: t-25, starting tomorrow and I'm scared lol
    Food restrictions: no carbs or sugar
    Apps: happy scale

I love grilled chicken and veggies with fat free champagne vinegar eye and berries for dessert!
  • How much do you plan to lose/what's your goal weight?
    I would like to get down to 125 lbs, which is about 15 lbs to lose.

I plan to do a post-natal ab segment 4x a week and do a 3.5 mile walk at least 3x per week.

I want to cut out junk food in general. I also want to count my calories.

I use MyFitnessPal for counting calories.

For lunch I have a springs mix salad with peppers, cheese, and sometimes avocado with balsamic vinegrette dressing on it....boring, I know!
  • sands42sands42 member
    I would like to get down to my pre-baby weight. I need to lose 10-12 pounds. I'm at 130 now.... My main issue is wanting to fit back into my clothes.

I joined the gym about a month ago but I'm having some personal issues which have me pretty depressed so I haven't felt like doing anything. I need to get back in there!

I'm keeping junk food out of the house and trying to eat a high protein diet. Lots of eggs are being eaten over here. I'm still nursing so I'm drinking a ton of water... unfortunately nursing didn't help me get all the weight off :/

I have a FitBit- which I love. So I use that app. You can use it to record your diet and it also tracks your activity & sleep.

I don't really cook.... But I've made this several times and it's delicious:

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/quinoa-salad-with-asparagus-peas-avocado-lemon-basil-dressing/
  • Goal weight: 150/140 so that leaves me with 35-45lbs to lose. My main goal right now is to get to my weight when I became preggers and that was 175 so 10lbs to get there.

Exercise programs: I'm going to start walking again now that the weather is finally nice. I also bought an 8 week weight lifting guide for at home so I start that tomorrow. I'm very excited about this. I'll be doing it 5x a week.

Food restrictions: I've cut gluten and dairy out and in two weeks I had lost 6lbs and 2 in off my waist, so I think I'll continue this.

Apps: map my fitness and my fitness pal.

GTKY: my breaky of bacon eggs and avocados and chicken stir fry.

• edited May 2014
    How much do you plan to lose/what's your goal weight? I have 2 more lbs to lose until I reach my original weight goal of 160. I want to aim for 155 now.

walking and run whenever dh can take the kids.

no dairy, soy or beef. Id like to cut back on sweets tho.

My fitness pal, map my walk/run

whole roasted chicken, asperagus, salad.

• megswenmegswen member
    @katielou711‌ Yes! Share the recipe please! :)
  • Sorry I'm late.

I want to lose 25 lbs. That'd put me down to 135 which is lower than I was when I got pregnant. 

I have a tread climber that I'll be doing every other day, and I'm also thinking of joining a mommy group that walks with the strollers. Also I want to get back into my yoga!

No fast food, and limit my sweets. I really have a sugar addiction. Also, no eating past 6:30 pm

My fitness pal, and I'm thinking of getting a fitbit.

I love to make a salad with mixed greens, tuna, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, avocado and a splash of vinaigrette. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"