2nd Trimester

I'm always hungry

I'm 22.5 weeks and am constantly starving. I tried drinking more, but it's doing nothing. I eat a ton of veggies, fruit and protein. I haven't been too interested in carbs and sweets. I was 190.3 when I found out I was pregnant and dropped down to 175. I've started gaining and am still under my original weight. I don't want to gain too much so I need to get this hunger under control. Anyone have any advice?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm always hungry

• I'm in the same situation and around the same weight range. I'm also about 22 weeks and nothing fills me up, ever!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    I was starving all the time until I hit 24 weeks. Then the heartburn kicked in and I think baby got big enough to really push on my stomach. My appetite has dropped way off and I'm back to eating about the same amount as pre pregnancy, or less. I get full really easily. Not sure if my weight gain has slowed down...I had gained 20lbs at 24 weeks; will see what it is Thursday at my next appointment. I'm not concerned about it and neither is my OB.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Not at all. This is my second pregnancy and I was just showing my weird weight stuff that happened. I wasn't this starving all the time and I didn't lose weight the first time either. It's just weird, plus I'm a little concerned about how often I'm hungry.
  • Sounds like you're sti making smart choices about what to eat. Keep up eating the healthy foods and know that the weight gain will continue due to baby, extra fluids, more blood etc.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks ladies!
  • Sounds like you're sti making smart choices about what to eat. Keep up eating the healthy foods and know that the weight gain will continue due to baby, extra fluids, more blood etc.
    WSS.  Don't stress to much about the number on the scale.  There are other factors that make it go up.  Keep up the healthy eating and listen to your body.  
  • Not at all. This is my second pregnancy and I was just showing my weird weight stuff that happened. I wasn't this starving all the time and I didn't lose weight the first time either. It's just weird, plus I'm a little concerned about how often I'm hungry.

If you are hungry then eat. Try to do a small meal of every nutrient rich item. Celery and cream cheese (or PB) with raisins. Greek yogurt with oatmeal & fruit.

If you are losing weight etc. talk to your doctor. I was losing in 2nd trimester & borderline GD. So you might ask about taking the glucose screen early to rule it out.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It's my thyroid med. it was increased to give the baby enough hormone and caused weight loss for a while. I'm not at all concerned about the loss, my doctor isn't either. I'm just wondering if anyone else is constantly starving.
  • It's my thyroid med. it was increased to give the baby enough hormone and caused weight loss for a while. I'm not at all concerned about the loss, my doctor isn't either. I'm just wondering if anyone else is constantly starving.

This information would have been helpful...
    /:)

Pregnancy = ravenous beast for me. This is not at all unusual. It takes calories to make a human.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sorry... I didn't think about it until now lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"