Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

extreme pain post m/c

I've already got an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced severe cramping post miscarriage?
I used cytotec, and passed the sac on Saturday morning. Saturday and Sunday I was okay, but Monday night out of the blue, I started cramping. It steadily got worse until, on a scale of 1-10, I would put it at a 9 (with a 10 being just before I passed the sac). I took ibuprofen and naproxen, took a hot shower, and then went to bed with my heating pad. Curled up in the fetal position and sobbed. About an hour later it finally eased up and I fell asleep.
Tuesday started out okay. I went to work for 7, and was fine for the first few hours. Around 10:30, I started cramping a little bit, along with nausea and heartburn, but it was manageable. Around 4:30 is when it really hit me. I managed to choke down my dinner, then I went and curled up on one of my residents beds in a tight ball and sobbed.I ended up spending the last two hours of my shift curled into a ball because I couldn't move for the pain (luckily I could just be a body at that point).
Today, I spent the day doing nothing with my bff, literally just laying on her couch watching movies. Again, I was fine when I first got up, but as the day progressed, the pain got worse. My husband asked me to pick up some groceries on the way home, and I managed to get about a third of what I had planned before the pain became too much. When I got home, I passed a sizeable clot that was fairly solid and looked like it had tissue attached. Passing that didn't really help with the pain.
I'm fairly certain that this is not normal, and I can't seem to find anything on post miscarriage pain online, which is why I turn to you.
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: extreme pain post m/c

• Great that you already have an appt with the doctor just to make sure there's no tissue left behind. I will let you know probably 2 days after my D&C I started to have bad pains, cramps, & bleeding. Even a slight fever. It lasted for about 2 days and went away on its own. I did call the doctor but she said it was normal.
  • After writing this all down, I'm fairly certain that there's something or some things left over that are too large to pass through my cervix, and that as the day progresses, gravity pulls them down to press against it and attempt to evacuate. That would explain why, even when I'm not doing anything, I still end up getting the pain.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope you fell better. Glad you are seeing the doctor. I had some pain/cramps after my D&C, but it wasn't that bad (except for one 6 - 8 hour span of time).
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • He gave me a prescription for tramacet and told me that some pain is normal, but if it doesn't get any better to call back. Not exactly a solid answer I was looking for, but at least the pain pills seem to be working.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"