Working Moms

When I end up going back to work...

Hello!  Currently, I am WAHM and I am just looking for some advice.
So I've never really had a definitive career, though I have 2 degrees.  We moved a lot before we had kids, and once that happened, I stayed home with them.  Once they're in school, ideally, I'd like to go back to work.  Currently, I watch children from my home.  I like it while my children are young, but when they're older, I'd prefer to be done with it. 
My daughter is only 20 months old, so it won't be any time soon, but I can't help but have this weird looming fear that I will be stuck doing this forever.

Does anyone have any tips for someone who is looking to eventually go back into the workforce?
Little Man 1.8.11
Freshie Girl 9.29.12

Re: When I end up going back to work...

• I don't....but I will narrow some stuff down and look for volunteer ops!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • KatelobsterKatelobster member
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps you could apply to a temp agency? I did this while looking for a job after grad school. I was placed at a very large investment services company that hired tons of temps for short-term projects. They preferred college grads. I made $15/hr and ended up working there for 5 months until I found a full-time job. I knew several temps who applied and were hired FT, and if nothing else, it's recent work experience for your resume and someone to give you a reference. Good luck!
    baby girl  5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • KL777KL777 member
    I would recommend volunteering and taking on some freelance/contract work if that aligns with your background.  I SAH for 3 years and was able to do some contract work with the Dept. of Education from home.  I chose to accept the work or decline it.  I worked on it after DS went to bed and still had something to put on my resume, if needed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"