November 2013 Moms
Options

Where is your car seat?

Matthew has a convertible car seat and I noticed it was leaning to one side so I took it out and my seat is actually flat on one side. So I moved him behind the passenger seat because the driver seat moves all the way back when you remove the key to make it easy for the driver to get in and out and it would hit the car seat. I hate that he has to be on an outside seat because it's not the safest place but neither is his seat leaning. I'm going to wait and see if the seat puffs back up and maybe I can move him back to the center..

Where is yours? Anyone have LO on the outside seat?

Re: Where is your car seat?

• Options
    Layla is on the passenger side. We had to move her when I threw my back out so that I don't have to climb in and try to lift leaning over.

• Options
    Okay. I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one. And that is a good point about the latch. I had to use the seat belt in the middle. Now I'm using the latch install.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD1 an infant seat wouldn't fit in my laughable middle seat so she was on the passenger side from day 1. We moved her to the driver side just before DD2 was born. We bought a new car two months ago and I still have DD2 on the passenger side vs the middle.
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ds1 is in drivers side, ds2 is on passengers side. Ds1 was in the middle for a little while but it got too hard pulling him in and out of my SUV
  • Options
    trtlcrzy said:

I have heard 2nd best place is behind the driver's seat, which is where mine is. But lets be real, it's on my side of the car so I don't have to walk around to get her in and out.

ETA: I hardly ever parallel park but if I did all the time I would do passenger side.
    Other way around, but the difference is so minute that it has been considered insignificant. The major reduction in injury is when the child is in the middle. Taken from a study done by CHOP and State Farm.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OP, DD is behind passenger, DS2 is in middle and DS1 is behind driver. DS1 is in a booster, and would be better off in the middle, but that seat only has a lap belt.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    In DH's car- in the middle, in my car (Chevy Malibu) behind the driver.  We tried in the middle, but the seat wasn't wide enough for the base of the car seat, so it was more stable behind the driver's seat.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is behind the driver's seat since I have one of those mirrors that lets you see the front of the car seat.
  • Options
    Middle seat in my car, passenger side in DH's car. I plan to get a convertible seat soon, will have to see how it fits whether it stays in the middle or on passenger side.
  • Options
    We have O in the passenger side.
  • Options
    Passenger side because our dog is huge and we have to place it on one side or the other in order for him to fit too.  Plus the latch works better

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    She's in the middle seat in my van, but in DH's car she's behind the passenger seat. 

• Options
    Dd is in the middle. I'm really short, so it works out great...I get in tge car and sit behind the drivers seat to strap her in and out. Occasionally I pull the whole contraption out (while muttering obscenities) if she doesn't wake up when I turn off the car.

I can't wait to have a bonfire to burn it once she finally outgrows it (she HATES being strapped) but that would leave me without a seat for future baby!
  • Options
    Middle but soon to be drivers side when I need to add another car seat in the mix. I took a car seat class at the county and they said I. Some cars the air bag should be disabled if a car seat is not in the middle. I'll have the fire department tell me if I should have the dealership deactivate them or not.

• Options
    the infant seats are in the middle. and the covertible is behind the driver seat.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    Mine is in the middle. It really doesn't make sense to me why they put the special latch hooks on either side, but not the middle if it's the safest place. My Jeep (which bit the dust on Mother's Day) had them on either side and I felt like the base never quite fit right in the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"