January 2013 Moms
Options

My house is a mess

Ok, it's not dirty, but it's so unorganized and there are toys everywhere. Picking up after DD in our living room (also her playroom) seems like a losing battle, especially her books.

Any suggestions on organizing? I'm kind of giving up because it's driving me nuts!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: My house is a mess

• Options
    We use the Expedit bookcase from ikea with their baskets that fit perfectly in each square for toy storage. It works really well and hides the toys when they aren't being used (which is basically when DD is asleep).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    I'm a neat freak and I've come to the realization that my house is just going to be messy until he is out of the house! We have a toy chest and a few totes in our living room for his toys/books. Our house rule is we pick up his toys twice a day, once before we walk out the door to go to work/daycare in the morning and then after he goes to bed. So we walk into a "clean" house from work and wake up to a "clean" house in the morning. Now he is actually helping to pick up his toys, we make it a game. It's a lot nicer then me just doing it, however, it does take longer. I WISH we had a play room I could just leave messy, but we are not remodeling our basement for at least another year. So his stuff is just everywhere in the main level of our house!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MichieU79 said:
    We have the expedit bookshelves too. Toys get put away when he is sleeping....lol. Otherwise, it's a mess! I do like that the shelves hide his toys though. And because he doesn't see them, he doesn't typically pull everything out. In his room I use Ikea toy bins. They don't have a top but they hide them well enough.
    We have some Expedit bookshelves we haven't yet pulled togehter that I'm going to make into benches a la this blog:

https://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2012/04/playroom-progress-sweet-seating-part-1.html

I was bummed that Ikea changed the design of Expedit, but it's nice that they are trying to save trees.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"