May 2014 Moms
Options

If your baby has a lot of hair...

does it get really greasy? How often do you wash it? My son's hair gets so greasy just hours after a bath. It's pretty gross. I tried washing his hair more often but then he got dandruff. So I backed off because I assume grease is better than dry skin? My first son was totally bald so this is new for me!
Pregnancy Ticker 
DS - 2 years old

Re: If your baby has a lot of hair...

• Options
    PattyTCPattyTC member
    I'm not sure of the answer but we are in the same boat. Her hair looks like it's never been washed just minutes after I just washed it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's is the same way. My friend told me that her son's hair was greasy for a couple weeks and then it started getting better. So I am just waiting it out, I don't have any other idea of what to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our little guy's was the same way, but it seems to be getting less greasy now. He'll be one month on June first. He gets a bath about every two days.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I will back off the soap and try just wiping his head with water for a few days to see what happens. Glad my child isn't the only greasy one!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    Yep.  I still only bathe her twice a week.  It evetually stops getting so oily between washings.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    DD's doesn't look too greasy. We only bathe her once a week.
  • Options
    We have been just wiping with water, every couple days. I am like you OP, DS1 was a little baldy and this LO has way more hair, so this is unfamiliar territory for me. And of course I keep wanting to touch it just bc it is so soft.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I've bathed my LO twice and he is 8 days. His hair doesn't seem too greasy. I haven't been using any lotions and am still sponge bathing due to his cord still being attached. I do brush his hair everyday which might be keeping it from getting too bad (not sure). I wouldn't worry too much about it though.
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    As PPs said, don't overwash it. But you could sprinkle a tiny bit of cornstarch or baby powder on it, rub it in with your fingertips, let it sit a few minutes, then brush it through with a soft brush.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"