November 2013 Moms
Options

One Seat or Two

Carrying LO in his infant carrier is getting very awkward and heavy…even for DH. I’m considering when we should switch him to a convertible seat. My issue is whether we need 1 or 2 car seats. DH is usually handles taking and picking LO up from daycare, but sometimes he needs me to do it or if LO is sick and needs to be picked up early from daycare. Taking one car seat in and out of our cars sounds like a pain in the ass, but spending $400 on car seats does not appeal to me either.

What is everyone else doing?

Re: One Seat or Two

• Options
    Before DD was born we found a converable seat on sale at BBB for $40.  We have yet to use it but it's for DH's car should we ever need it.  Just switched to a convertable in my car after our infant carrier was in a car accident

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    We're only doing one, partly because we are cheap, but mostly because I'm a SAHM so we don't deal with daycare pickups. If we did, we'd probably get a nice one for the primary vehicle and a cheaper one for DH's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cagoldicagoldi member
    We're getting two. I don't love the idea of shelling out $700 or $800 for seats either, but it's worth it for the convenience of not shuffling them back and forth between cars. DH does DC drop-off, and I do pick-up. I'm close enough I could walk, but I'm not at all interested in having to do that on days when it's over 100 degrees.

Since I get off work fairly early, I also do the pedi appointments so I need one for that purpose also.
  • Options
    I like the idea of buying 1 convertible now and when he hits the limit on the infant carrier get the other one. Both DH and I hate carrying the carrier.
  • Options
    BookBug12 said:
    I like the idea of buying 1 convertible now and when he hits the limit on the infant carrier get the other one. Both DH and I hate carrying the carrier.

Same. And we'll buy a cheap one when we do need one for DH's car because he rarely does pick up or drop off.
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    I had 2 with my other kids because DH did drop off and I did pick up. We will probably only have 1 this time because he can't fit all 3 kids in his car and they will be dropped in 3 different places next year so I will probably drop LO and he will handle the big kids.
  • Options
    We have 2 convertible seats. I got them both on sale for a combined price of $145.00. The one for DH truck was $40 and the one for my car was $105. We can't afford any more then that and they both rear face till 40 pounds which I'm happy about.
  • Options
    We bought a convertible one from bru and it's really easy to take out of my car and put in someone else's car. I transfer it to my IL car often and its really not bad. I love the one we got for that reason
  • Options
    BookBug12 said:
    This is what we chose to do also. We could probably get away with just one seat since I SAH. I'd rather purchase another one than switch cars with it occasionally over the next 7 years. Worth it.
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    We bought 2 convertible seats at Target when they were on sale. We were sick of the infant seat so we put them in this weekend.  
  • Options
    sands42sands42 member
    Switching seats around is the biggest pain in the butt EVER. Worth it to have two.
  • Options

We are buying 2 since we split DC pick ups/drop offs and doctor appointments. One is a nice one for our main vehicle and the other one we have yet to buy will be a cheap one for the other car.

• Options
    Right now we have three carseats. An infant Britax in my car, a convertible in DHs, and a Chicco infant in my in laws (we live with them.) It's great because I hate taking car seats out and putting them back in. They never leave our cars. When M is totally outgrown of the infant I will purchase another convertible.
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"