Cloth Diapering

Cleaning w/ prefolds-would this ever be okay?

Is there any universe in which it would be safe/ok to use a prefold for cleaning (like mopping floors) and then reuse as a diaper?  What if I just clean with water and vinegar?

DS doesn't much use his prefolds anymore and I think they would be the perfect size for a swiffer mop.  I wouldn't use them again until the next baby, so they would be washed and bleached a million times before I use them again.
                                                                                          BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: Cleaning w/ prefolds-would this ever be okay?

• Personally, I wouldn't want to reuse them for a diaper. I have used cut-up towels for swiffer mop pads, and they only make it through a few uses and washes before I am ready to throw them out b/c they are ratty and dingy. Plus, how are you going to swiffer with vinegar instead of chemicals? Do they make a new refillable spray bottle? (It's been a while since I've used one, so totally possible.) Maybe you could just set aside a few to use for mopping and then save the rest for your next LO?

• Honestly, as long as I wasn't using any major chemicals while doing it, I probably would. In fact, I've upcycled some FSTs that were used as dish clothes (and counter wipers) to be used as diapers. They've been washed, and you could always hot-water-strip them (or even boil them) if you wanted to be a little more cautious.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Loading the player...
  • welly01welly01 member
    Personally, I wouldn't want to reuse them for a diaper. I have used cut-up towels for swiffer mop pads, and they only make it through a few uses and washes before I am ready to throw them out b/c they are ratty and dingy. Plus, how are you going to swiffer with vinegar instead of chemicals? Do they make a new refillable spray bottle? (It's been a while since I've used one, so totally possible.) Maybe you could just set aside a few to use for mopping and then save the rest for your next LO?
    Thanks.  The swiffer we have is just the little sweeper that you put together (the cheapy $10 job not the mop thing that sprays...I guess its technically a sweeper, not a mop) and have to buy refill pads.  I HATE swiffer pads and think they suck.  We have laminate wood floors so my plan was to just spray a mixture of water and vinegar on them and then mop up.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Do you have any MF inserts? I would think they would work better for cleaning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"