3rd Trimester
Options

Dialated for weeks.

I know you can be dialated and walking around for weeks but my mom is still worried. 
I wasn't measured before my water broke with my son so I don't have a personal example.
Whatever happens is going to happen. My water broke at 38w2d with DS1 but I'd like to give her examples to ease her mind if you ladies can give them to me. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

Re: Dialated for weeks.

• Options
    @danielle4348 were you on bed rest or taking any medications with either pregnancy?

image    image    

• Options
    At 32 weeks I was dilated 1cm, not effaced or anything, but 1cm nonetheless and my midwife said it was pretty normal...she didn't say I needed to take it easy or anything special.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was dilated 3 cm for 3 weeks (37-40) with DS before going into labor. But I had been between 1 and 2 cm since 36 weeks.
  • Options
    I was 4cm at 36, was induced at 41w, she disengaged a bit from my pelvis so I really went backwards a bit without the pressure of her head on my cervix.  My assistant was walking around between 5-6cm for several weeks and went a week and a half late.  That said her water broke and she had her little girl in her arms 3 hours later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    I was 3cm dilated for a few weeks before having DD.  This time I have declined cervical checks so far.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    My drs office has stopped doing checks with 2 exceptions. They check you at 36 weeks, because your already spread eagle and naked for the group B strep test, but this check doesn't include effacement measurements. The 2nd comes at 40 weeks. Dilation pretty much means nothing until you are in active labor.  

I did find this interesting study awhile back. A woman created her own survey that included information for when women went into labor naturally as well as induced. 40 weeks is obviously the most popular time to go into labor naturally. 
  • Options
    For both of my DDs, I was 3 cm dilated for about 3 weeks and had 4-6 hour spells of regular contractions on an almost daily basis before actually going into labor.  The first time around I thought it was exciting, the second time it was a bit annoying!
  • Options
    24karat24karat member
    My twin pregnancy I was 2-3cm and 50% effaced at 24wks, all discovered during my first PTL scare. I was put on bed rest soon after and had further progression to 70% with regular contractions, but made it to 37wks.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I've been 1 cm since 35 weeks and am 39 weeks tomorrow.

My sister was 4cm and 80% effaced for more than 2 full weeks, starting at a little past 36 weeks. at 39 weeks, she was finally a 5, but not contracting and water hadn't broken so they induced her. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    I walked around at 3 cm for 3 weeks one time, and 5 cm for two weeks with my last.....
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    byrne15byrne15 member

With #1:
    36 weeks = 3 cm
    38 weeks = 3 cm
    39w4d = 3.5 cm
    Had him at 39w5d

With #2
    36 weeks = 2 cm
    38 weeks = 3 cm
    39w2d = 5 cm
    Had him 39w5d (not even in labor - C-section)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"