October 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Wedding Cake On A Plane?

So, our anniversary is Sunday, and we're flying out to California tomorrow. I *think* you can take outside food through the checkpoints, just not gels/liquids. Right?

So, should I put the cake in a tupperware in my purse (I'm only doing a small piece, obviously, not the whole tier that isn't even the top tier because I was drunk and we cut the wrong one because the top tier was easier)? Or in our carry-on? Obviously not the checked bag.

Also, I have a ziploc full of crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. Those are cool, right?

And, also, also, a stainless steel water bottle, empty, to fill once I get through the checkpoint. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Wedding Cake On A Plane?

• Options
    Yep, you should be fine!  I bring all kinds of food through checkpoints.  In fact, I'm weirdly notorious for accidentally packing good baking vanilla in my carry on and getting pulled out for extra checks at security.  To be fair, they were always gifts since I like to bake and I thought they were under 3 oz both times.  They let me keep them, but now my DH likes to tease me about being a vanilla smuggler. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Haha! That's great!

I was wondering if they'd take the metal water bottle. I packed one I don't care about in either case. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure about that. I would make certain that you can bring it beforehand. It would be a shame if they made you toss it.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    The cake? The truth is we have an entire slab here at home, and I was just going to take a small container, so if they make me toss it, eh. It is what it is. I found a few websites that said it should be fine (one specifying that pie is allowed, and cake falls into that category, which is weird), but even if it's not, I'm not heartbroken.
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    I took my friends top tier of wedding cake home from their destination wedding in Florida as a carry on. Had no issues!
  • Options
    Yeah. Traveled internationally and brought tons of food!

That's cute to bring it on the plane.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    SPurp13 said:
    So, our anniversary is Sunday, and we're flying out to California tomorrow. I *think* you can take outside food through the checkpoints, just not gels/liquids. Right?

So, should I put the cake in a tupperware in my purse (I'm only doing a small piece, obviously, not the whole tier that isn't even the top tier because I was drunk and we cut the wrong one because the top tier was easier)? Or in our carry-on? Obviously not the checked bag.

Also, I have a ziploc full of crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. Those are cool, right?

And, also, also, a stainless steel water bottle, empty, to fill once I get through the checkpoint. 

since ziplocks of crackers and snacks are fine, I don't see why a Tupperware with cake would be an issue. GL! My husband and I were travelling on our first anniversary (2 years ago) and I brought a frozen piece of wedding cake with us as well. By the time we got to our destination, it was completely defrosted and we could eat it! It was quite tasty, too. ;)

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Food is fine. I took I box full of snack food a couple weeks ago. Take what ever kind of food you want through a check point as long as it's not liquid. Although after you have a baby take what ever liquid you want apparently because they let my sister in law walk through with all kinds of crap! Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"