Working Moms

Need advice. Work drama vent. (Long)

Hello Ladies;

Maybe you may remember me posting about how my contract was going to end on Dec. 31st. Well they extended my contract until end of Jan. Which I truly appreciate.
Well, a couple a weeks ago a coworker that I barely talk to (also a contract employee) was asking me if I knew anything about my status. It was a one way conversation since I dont trust her ass.

She kept saying how she felt taken advantage of b/c they used her and now they wont tell her whether she will be rolled into a regular permanent employee...etc. I told her that's the nature of contracting and that she has to do what she has to do.

Well, seems like my boss has went behind my back and assigned one of my projects to her.
The programmers that I work with on the project sit about 3 cubicles in front of me.
She stands in front of my cubicle and is yelling to the programmer "what's the status of the submit report...etc."
As if she couldnt walk up to his cube to get this info.
I guess the purpose of doing that was so I knew that she was working on my project.

She's been walking up and down in front my cube and keeps smiling, waving and even winked at me! OMFG! I want to KILL her! But that would be illegal! LOL!
I vented to one of my trusted coworkers and she says that I should NOT ask her about the project or anything.
I am pissed to say the least. I'm mad at her (for boasting like an ass) and at my boss for being a bad manager and not properly transitioning my work.

What would you do? Do you ask her or my manager if she's working on the project so I dont have to work on it or let it be since I'm leaving in 4 weeks?

Sorry this is sooo long. :)

Re: Need advice. Work drama vent. (Long)

• I'd go to the boss, with something like this: "I overheard coirker asking about the status of such-and-such report. It was my understanding that this was a project that I was working on. Is this no longer the case? If so, I'll pass along any information I have on the project."
  • Anything you say about this coworker is going to sound unprofessional/tattle-y.  Just meet with your supervisor and ask what your priorities should be for your remaining time.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMTUEm:
    I'd go to the boss, with something like this: "I overheard coirker asking about the status of such-and-such report. It was my understanding that this was a project that I was working on. Is this no longer the case? If so, I'll pass along any information I have on the project."

I like this.  Or on email.  So you have the request for clarification in writing.  And the response in writing.

I would not keep working on something that is assigned to someone else.  I would not stop working on something until it has been made clear to me -by my boss- that is no longer responsiblity.

She can wink and ask for reports all she wants ... you just need clarity.  And you get that by asking the boss.

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Thanks Ladies. I will ask him tomorrow when he is available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"