September 2012 Moms

Your bedtime

Do you go to bed the same time as your husband?

Obviously if you are working odd shifts it would differ.

We go to bed at 9. He needs to go to bed that early for work. I feel like i could accomplish a lot in an hour or two after he goes to bed but I want to go to bed when he does. I sleep the whole time (normally). I go through stages where I don't but for the most part I sleep from 9 pm to 7am. I feel guilty I get so much sleep but I feel bad not going to bed when he does.

Re: Your bedtime

• I always feel guilty going to bed later than DH but it rarely happens.  I almost always go to bed first and he feel no guilt at all about staying up.  

Most nights I go to bed around 10.  DH stays up until anywhere between 11 on weekdays to 2 or 3 a.m. on weekends.  He just sits there and watches tv or movies.  I think it's crazy and I have no idea how he functions the next day like that, but he does.

If you have stuff to do, then stay up.  He's asleep anyway, it's not like you are missing out on quality time.  I feel guilt too but I'm not sure why.  
  • We always go to bed at the same time if we are home together. The nights that he is at work until 2, I go to bed around midnight, and then have him wake me up when he gets home.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's normally when we have sex. I feel like if I stay up later we wouldn't have sex. Or he would wake and miss sleep he needs.
  • We both go to bed at 9 and get up at the same time. We've got to start staying up later to get stuff done. Our house is a train wreck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That's normally when we have sex. I feel like if I stay up later we wouldn't have sex. Or he would wake and miss sleep he needs.
    We do have this problem.  I have told DH that I have no issue with him coming to bed, having sex and then getting up and going back downstairs if he wants.  I don't know if that would work for you guys though.

We do have this problem.  I have told DH that I have no issue with him coming to bed, having sex and then getting up and going back downstairs if he wants.  I don't know if that would work for you guys though.

I guess I can stay up later the day after sex haha. Go to bed with him a couple days a week.
  • I go to bed an hour or two later than DH.  He gets up around 6 for work, some days 530.  He sleeps hard though so I can sit in bed next to him with a laptop or reading my kindle and he isn't phased.  I actually do a lot of cleaning after the kids go to bed too.  It's much easier that way for me.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • KisstyKissty member
    We typically go to our rooms at the same time.  And yes - I said rooms - we are the odd couple who doesn't sleep in the same bed.  He will typically stay awake playing games or whatever it is he does late at night.  We go to "bed" about 10:30.  I would like to go to bed earlier but I just can't make that happen and have some wind down time for myself.  I get up 1-1/2 hours before him for work so I'm always the one who's tired.

imageimage 

• I'm usually the one nagging DH to come to bed with me. He likes to stay up late and watch History channel and other things. He will fall asleep on the couch usually. Or he comes to bed later. Either way, he's up too late and hits snooze 54478754 time in the morning. I drag him to bed just to avoid that. We usually go to bed around 10.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I used to stay up and go to bed the same time as DH but lately I can't make it past 9:30. I usually wake up and grumble at him when he's taking the dog out and coming to bed, then I fall back asleep!

Anniversary

Pretty sure why this is why we haven't had sex in ages. We haven't been to bed at the same time as one another in months. I feel no guilt about the sleeping part.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • We usually don't go to bed at the same time. I go to bed an hour or so before him.
  • First of all, 9-7 sounds like an AWESOME amount of sleep. We usually go to bed at the same time (between 10 and 11), but if anyone goes to bed earlier, it's typically me.

• PokedotPokedot member
    We're usually in bed about 10. DS has been going to bed later 9:15-9:30 so it has cut into our alone time. We've been staying up a bit later because of this. Once in a while I'll stay up or visa versa but for the most part it's the same time.

• Normally we go to bed at the same time, but DH has been playing a video game lately so he's been wanting to stay up later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Lately no. He is really busy at work right now so he stays up working when I go to bed about 10. When he isn't really busy with work he will usually go to bed before I'm ready so I will stay up later. On nights we watch tv together, we usually go to bed at the same time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Sex is usually a nap time weekend thing for us. Night time sex is a bit tricky because it puts him right to sleep but it wakes me up. If he is wanting to go to bed at 9, cool I can do sex at 9 but I can't have sex after 10:30 or I'm up until midnight.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• jenndubjenndub member
    DH works afternoon to pretty late about 3-5 nights a week. I always wait up for him and we go to bed at midnight on those nights. The rest of the week we usually go to bed around 10 or 11. But, we go to bed at the same time almost every night.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • My H goes to bed at 10 and I often go to bed at the same time, but not always. He has to be up at 5am but I don't get up until like 8am, so I will sometimes stay up later. I do tend to need more sleep than he does though so it works out well for both of us when we go to bed at the same time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if i make it to 10:30, i'm amazed. SO usually comes up with me since we wake up at the same time, though he can function way better than me on less sleep and so will often get caught up in some silly show or game til much much later
  • We go to bed at the same time. Usually 10:30 or 11. If I go to bed first, when he comes in, I wake all the way up.

• We usually go to bed at the same time, unless there's a game on and then H will stay up later to finish it if it's ending late. As for time, we go to bed anywhere between 10-11.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• linzeek44 said:
    We go to bed at the same time. Usually 10:30 or 11. If I go to bed first, when he comes in, I wake all the way up.

This happens to me too. It's the worst.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Right now DH is working the night shift, so he goes to bed around 9am.  Even when we are both on normal schedules though, we rarely go to sleep at the same time just because I require so much more sleep than he does.  What works for us is that he always "puts me to bed" when i go to sleep- we make a point to snuggle/spoon/talk about the day or what's going on tomorrow/give and get a goodnight kiss and just connect for a minute.  It makes a big difference to me and helps me wind down, and then he gets up and spends another couple of hours doing whatever before he joins me.
  • We always go to bed together unless one of us is out for a girls/guys night.  I'm almost always up reading until well after he's asleep, but we've always gone upstairs and gone to bed at the same time.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    We almost always go to bed at the same time, usually around 11. There are nights when he wants to lay in bed around 10 so I'll join him and read while he goes to sleep.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We love falling asleep on the couch, for some reason it's like concentrated/more potent sleep. So while we almost always go to bed at the same time (when I'm not working crazy hours at work), that time varies depending on when we actually drag ourselves off the couch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"