LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In

Good Monday morning and happy Memorial Day to those of us in the States.

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? Let us know how you're feeling and where things are at.

***Reminder: If you have a BFP to post, please do so by creating a new thread so that everyone can see it! Thank you :)***

QOTW: As we celebrate Memorial Day, are there any family and/or friends who you are especially thinking of?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• I am still waiting on AF to show.  It is officially 4 days late.  My temp dropped today so fx that means AF will show today too.  Never thought I would be so excited to get my period.  I also am currently obsessed with counting days on the calendar so I can guess when I will be getting my next IUI and my first since last October.  Last time around it was always 10 days after my last day of flow but my body is so wacky lately so who knows. 

QOTW: I am not thinking of any one in particular today but if anyone here is or has a loved one that is currently serving or has served I would like to thank them.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• I am on CD 31. At my IVF consult last week I had a progesterone blood draw. No one ever called to tell me the results. I called just a bit ago and the nurse said it was .0625, which means that I never ovulated. She is going to talk to my RE tomorrow and the IVF nurse and see what they want to do. I imagine this is going to delay us a few weeks. In all honesty, that isn't horrible as it helps get us past when we are going to be out of town in July. I was excited to get started soon though.

Originally we had said we were going to skip this first cycle, but when we met with the RE, C changed her mind. She was the one who told him that we wanted to start with this cycle. I was surprised but I wasn't going to argue ;).

QOTW: I have many family members and friends who have served in the military. None were killed during their service that I know of. I know some of my friends, who have served in Afghanistan and Iraq, have many rough days. I cannot imagine the things they have seen and experienced. I think of their struggles often.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Loading the player...
  • Himee33Himee33 member
    Day 4 of all my IVF medication. Lupron, Menopur and Gonal F. I think out of my last 3 medicated cycles, this has been the worst. I honestly thought my first cycle on just Clomid was. I've had a headache since I started the Lurpon on the 14th, but once I started the Menopur the headaches got worse. Saturday I had the worst migraine. Felt like I had this giant heartbeat in my head and very nausea. I tried Tylenol and Excedrin and nothing worked. I then tried an ice pack and eventually used a heating pad and went to bed. I woke up Sunday morning with a headache but thankfully I was able to get out of bed. Still dealing with the tiredness, crankiness and crazy emotions.  I just keep telling myself that I don't have much longer on these meds. L has been so sweet and patient with me. I have a 7:45am doctor appointment Wednesday morning to see how everything is looking. 

QOTW: I have a few family members and friends that have served. I couldn't be more proud for the commitment and sacrifices they made. 

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• We had our final IUI Sat. It was with doc on call and not our normal RE. Turned out to be a good thing. We love our RE but on call doc was super gentle an talked us though everything. Other doc just rushes through and doesn't worry as much about the pain. Would LOVE to tease our RE about it taking a woman to do a mans job with a lesbian couple! Just need her prego. I HATE the 2ww.

Special thoughts today: my grandparents on my moms side (who met in the army). My great uncle who was POW in WWII, as well as lots of uncles.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Day 3 bloodwork and US this morning (waking up before 6 am on a holiday... the things we do for love). All looks good to go for IUI #5 this month, again with Clomid and Ovidrel to see if we can get things moving along. We're down to our last two vials, but I just found out that our donor (who was new when we picked him) now has a reported pregnancy, so I know it CAN work. Woohoo!

QOTW: A childhood friend's husband was severely injured in Afghanistan, so I always think of their family today and his ongoing recovery four years later. 
    Me:37;  Female Partner
    TTC#1 since 12/2013

Natural Cycle IUI #1 : BFN, December 2013
    No surge, Possible No O: January 2014
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 : BFN, Feb 2014
    Natural Cycle IUI #3: BFN, March 2014
    HSG- all clear: April 2014
    Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone IUI #4: May 2014, BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone IUI #5: June 2014, BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone IUI #6: July 2014, BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone IUI #7: September 2014, BFN
    Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Progesterone IUI #8: October 2014, BFN.
  • We went for a recheck Sunday and the right follie was at 18! So we triggered last night and tomorrow is our first iui! Ahhh!
    Ps the only office open on weekends is not as good as our regular office and so thank god for these boards so I knew what to ask!
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Amber&Reva - I hope everything goes well for you this upcoming cycle!

@AandStilltrying‌ - FX so tightly for a BFP!

@Himee33 - I'm sorry your having such a rough go with the meds. I hope all looks well and on track at your appointment.

@mrs&mrsk - Good luck with your first IUI!

@Moretacosplease - FX that all goes well for you this cycle.

@CrazyAunt84 - So sorry for your BFN. Taking a month off is hard but it can also be refreshing. I hope that your RE appointment will be helpful and put you on a great track.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Amber&RevaAmber&Reva member
    edited May 2014

Finally got AF called the RE to report day one and they should call be back later today to let me know when to start using OPK.  So surreal thinking in a couple weeks I will have some sperm in my again.  I threw away all the info from BostonIVF because Reva and I only ever wanted one and I never thought I would be going through all of this again.  So I had to dig through the random papers to try and find a bill from the RE's office so I had my patient ID number.  Life sure does have a plan for you that something isn't your plan for yourself.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• @TwoMomsinTX - I'm glad to hear your hysteroscopy went well. I'm sorry that it has further delayed you though. This can be a frustrating journey of waiting!

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Well, this cycle was a BFN :( Sad.  I thought injects would really do the trick.  I think I'm going to try one more cycle before asking C to jump in the saddle.  I'm starting to let go of the idea of getting pregnant - or at least being the first to get pregnant.  It's obviously not happening for me regardless of the strong meds, excellent timing, and all the extra measures I've taken to try to get this to work.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I know it's not the sperm because obviously that's rigorously screened.  It's just so frustrating... I have one more free vial of sperm which is why I'm even trying one more time at all (I honestly just want to give up because it's been really hard on me physically and emotionally).  If this doesn't work then it's definitely C's turn.  Initially I really wanted to get pregnant but at this point I just want a baby.  I figure I can start trying again as soon as C has a baby (I have a feeling she won't have as hard of a time as me getting KU).  But at this point we're both just ready to be parents.  I hate pushing this off on C (she doesn't want to be pregnant but she's willing to do it if I literally cannot). 

Anyway, I'm going to stop progesterone and just wait for AF to show up.  Such an awful, heartbreaking process.  I feel like I just flushed $2K down the toilet all for nothing.  I don't even know if it's worth trying anymore for me.  I guess since we have one vial under my name I better at least use it but... Ugh.  I'm unhappy with how shitty my luck has been with all this.  I really thought injects would do the trick.  So depressing.

• Thank you, @CrazyAunt84!  I'm bummed but I recover quickly.  I'm just glad I have C.  If I was trying to have a baby by myself it obviously would never happen!  But at least C is here and willing to try, too.  And of course I'll love any baby she gives birth to as much as my own.

• @wishiwaspreggo‌ - I'm sorry :(. This is a very frustrating process for some of us. My C isn't willing to carry, or even use her eggs. So, if IVF doesn't work for us, then we move on to adoption. It is hard to keep going some days.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Sorry to hear that, @StacyLH24!  I didn't realize your wife wasn't willing to carry :( I'd be sad if C told me she wouldn't do it.  I was hoping she'd have a bio baby at some point anyway because I think it would be adorable to have a kid with her features.

Really hoping IVF does the trick for you.  It seems to have a much higher likelihood of working (IUI is such a crapshoot for many of us) so try to stay optimistic!

• Wow we are all having bad luck lately. I sure hope our luck turns around soon. Hugs to all of you. I KNOW how you're feeling. :( love ya all!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Mommy&MumMommy&Mum member
    edited May 2014
    Hello Ladies, this is my first TTC check-in post. First off I want to say that I'm sorry that many of you are going through tough times :( I was reminded of all the TTC heartache today when I walked back into the RE's office after more than a year since our last try.

DW couldn't make it today so I was flying solo with the RE alone! I felt weird and he seemed uninterested in my case. I think he thinks I'm crazy! The appt was more like me talking about what I read online rather then him saying what he wants to do and how he can help me.

We aren't sure exactly when we will start trying again but it will be our 5th attempt. If it is unsuccessful he will do some trasvaginal hydro-laparoscopy test. He said he would consider doing an overlap cycle of Femera and small dose of injects but says I am young and there is a 10-15% chance of multiples. No word on if we should move to IVF at some point.

I inquired about boosting my lining as it was always around 7.5mm, I asked about baby aspirin and he said I could take it and to take it with 400mg of vit E. I later read on the net that they should not be combined! Wtf! He said I do not need to re-do testing. It's not necessary. According to him!

I later checked out his website and the fees have gone up and even tho we have coverage in Ontario, Canada for monitoring his clinic will now be charging a monitoring fee of $350 annually.

I'm already annoyed and discouraged.

Sorry for the rant :( Should I have made another post for this? Sorry and thank you for reading.
  • @Mommy&Mum - that was fine to post here. I'm sorry that your appointment wasn't what you thought it would be. Are there any other options in your area?

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Mommy&MumMommy&Mum member
    edited May 2014
    @Stacy there is another option in our area, however our last vial of swimmers is at this RE's office. So we at least have to do one last cycle there. I feel like the nurses run the place and he just has peeks at the files when the nurses flag things for him. He's just way too busy! I am a person who needs action plans and stats! I am so not trusting and second guess everything. And he is just so wishy washy and like oh you are young it will happen blah blah. I wanted to say dude you told me that 4 cycles ago! Granted when we were trying last time it was not a great time for us, we were super stressed about me loosing my job but we really wanted to get pregnant and go on mat leave before my position was made redundant. Turns out that I found another job within my organization and had I gotten pregnant I would have not gotten it. I have just been made permanent in that job last week yay me!...so now things are more settle and it might be time to give it a go again soonish!
  • @Mommy&Mum - I hope things get better for you. You deserve a RE who is all in and gives you the best plan.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"