Infertility
Options

Holy acid reflux

I had my egg retrieval this past Friday. (9 were retrieved) and we did a 3 day transfer, which was yesterday. 5 fertilized with icis and we transferred 2 embryos. Praying for a sticky baby! Anywho, since the retrieval I have had acid reflux midday thru out the day off and on. I was on medrol and estrace over the weekend, and now just on estrace, and progesterone. Oh and have been taking a prenatal multi for over a year now daily and thryoid med for six months now. Any one else have crazy acid reflux? Can I take anything?

Re: Holy acid reflux

• Options
    pblgepblge member
    I would call your doc before you take anything. I don't remember having acid reflux, but I believe all those hormones and crazy tortured ovaries could cause just about any problem! hope you feel better soon. Congrats on a great ER!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ***siggy warning*** (Your siggy doesn't say "PAIF or all welcome" or whatever to indicate I can reply - so I hope this reply doesn't upset you - if so, I will delete and I apologize).  

I know it's soon - but I had terrible reflux a few days after my transfer.  I still have it and it was my first and most ferocious symptom of the bean sticking.  I hope that's the case for you!  I, however, have GI issues at baseline - I have had my gallbladder removed and two major liver resections, so my new GIANT liver has moved my stomach and kidneys into different locations.  I think with zero room in my abdomen coupled with the swollen ute and ovaries - caused the reflux (No where to go but UP!)- and it has NOT subsided.  And, I did NOT have this with any of my other cycles (which were all fails).  Everyone is different but I hope this is a good sign for you!  

Also - you can try several small snacks instead of large meals, waiting 2-3 hours after eating before lying down, avoiding citrus and tomatoes in all forms, onions, milk, caffeine, etc.

***Siggy Warning***

Me: 35 DH: 34 
    TTC since May 2012 
    Unexplained Infertility
    IUI#1 October 2013-  58m post wash - BFN
    IUI#2 November 2013- 39m post wash - BFN
    IUI#3 January 2014- 33m post wash - BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014- 23R/18F/ZERO Frosties - BFN 
    IVF #2 May 2014 - 17R/14F/1 frozen pea (2-8 cell 10% fragmentation day 3) BFP
    Beta #1 77.7 (13dp3dt) 
    Beta #2 307 (17dp3dt)
    Beta #3 695 (19dp3dt)
    Beta #4 2232 (23dp3dt)

1 Beautiful Baby - EDD 1/28/15

**All Are Welcome**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies, much appreciated. I have no idea how to put a siggybon my posts :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"