Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Due Date Approaching

Christopher's due date should have been June 8, 2014. Instead of looking forward to having a bouncing little baby boy on that day... I am spreading some of his ashes on the lake in Michigan where we got married. I find myself watching the calendar as the day slowly approaches... dreading it. Not only is the month of June his date but the date of June 15th marks the one year anniversary of my first lose :( For those of you loss ladies whose little ones "due dates" have passed what got you through it?  What were some of your savings graces?  Thanks in advance.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Due Date Approaching

• Options
    ((hugs)).  Due dates are never easy.  I didn't really "get through it" - I threw temper tantrums all day and couldnt get myself to calm down.  I just spent time with my husband and we took some extra time to talk about our boys and read to them.  I will be thinking of you on June 8th. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Mine was June 7th and am already struggling as my family thinks I should put it behind me to celebrate a wedding that will be on that day and I decided to opt out for my own reasons. May not be easy but we will get through it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ben's due date is coming up on June 14th. We have started to plan a memorial garden. We hope to have it done by then. I feel like the closer we get, the harder it is in some ways. Things that I had I envisioned happening a certain way (at work and at home) are so much different than I thought they would be. It's so challenging to reframe all these events and milestones. I will be thinking of you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

Thank you ladies for responding. I know I will get through it... I am just ready for these tough days to be over!!

@lexusolsen- I will be thinking of you on the 14th... I am sure your little one will be looking down on your memorial garden smiling :)

@Mrodriguez898 - I will be thinking of you on june 7th... I too feel like people think I should just be over the loss of my child. I don't understand it sometimes. We will never truly be over it.       

• Options
    stefugestefuge member
    For us, like mrsgerman said, the days leading up to Colton's EDD were really harder than the day itself. On his EDD, which was also 2 months from when we lost him, we both took the day off work and spent the whole day as a family. We went to the park, wrote him notes on a balloon and released it, went to see a movie, watched the sunset, went out to dinner, and really just tried to make the most of the day.

I think whatever you decide to do will be best. If you want to do something special, plan on it, and if not, thats okay too. The idea of spreading his ashes will be very special and just be gentle with yourself in the days to come.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Jack's EDD was on Mothers Day a few weeks ago and I honestly feel like that was the hardest day of my life to get through. I'm thankful for my husband who kept me going...the day before his date we released balloons in his honor. Then we had an "us "night downtown Chicago (we're from the burbs) and saw a movie. Sunday the actual day we wrote  in the prayer book at his namesake church and then decided to head home. Having two upcoming dates that are stressful must be difficult, wishing you tons and tons of peace and strength in the upcoming weeks
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. Your plans of spreading some of his ashes on Lake Michigan sounds very peaceful--I'll pray for your strength.

Had our boys not been born in January at 21w6d, their c-section due date would've been on Mother's Day. We went on a vacation to Aruba to try to get past that date as best we could. I stood in the pool with my sunglasses on crying in my piña colada. That day was tough, but we made it. We will do something special for their birthdays on January 26 of each year, but moving forward I hope May 11 returns to being just May 11 again.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    dadaloudadalou member
    Nathaniel was full term. His due date was actually the day we left the hospital so it was already difficult. Once we got home it was surprisingly easy.

I don't have any advice since I didn't really deal with that. I hope the day is better than you expect.

I've found that planning something fun on days that I expect to be hard helps. Then I have something to look forward to on that day instead of dreading it.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    I don't have any advice for you (Serenity's due date is this July), but I will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    Ours was rather quiet. I didn't get as upset as I thought I would. I guess I consider her delivery date her birth date and when her due date came around I just had my own silent, quiet sadness.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just wanted to offer everyone with an upcoming due date (((hugs))). Take it easy on yourself

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    My son's due date is June 4th. I'm dreading it as well, but I think agree with the other girls. I think the dreading is much worse than when it actually comes. Today is the one month anniversary of his loss and it was much worse in Sunday thinking about it than today is actually living it. I think we will release balloons on that date, though.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all of your insightful words. I will be thinking/praying for all of you that have due dates in the near future.

• Options
    I thought I would be "ok" with my due date. Far from it. Didn't help it was the Saturday before Mother's day. The whole weekend I was a train wreck. The only thing I could do was cry it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"