Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Still waiting...

edited May 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
I had an early miscarriage in early April... Dr said to wait 4-6 weeks for my period to start up again and to count my miscarriage as the period date. According to my normal cycle I've missed my period and am about 6 weeks and 2 days but I'm not sure if I should expect my period soon or if I'm pg. I'm not experiencing many symptoms just urinating more and occasional upset stomach. This would be my second pregnancy with my first I knew right way. I really don't know what to expect.

Re: Still waiting...

• Options
    Miscarriage was in early April
  • Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.  In terms of figuring out if you are pregnant again, the only way to tell for sure is to take a test.  Had your doctor been following your HCG levels down to zero?  My current pregnancy was immediately following a loss.  My HCG levels were tracked down to zero, so when I got a BFP at home my doctor drew betas to confirm a new pregnancy.  Definitely take a HPT and if it is positive call your doctor.  Wishing you the best!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. Cycles can be wonky after miscarriages. The best thing to do is take a test so you know if you're pregnant or not. If not, just be patient. It took me 7 weeks to get my period after my miscarriage. Good Luck!
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • Options
    Thank you for the support. My levels were at zero a week after loss. Haven't tested yet...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your previous loss.  I am so confused about this post, though. How can we help other than encourage you to take a pregnancy test and/or call your doctor?  We are internet strangers and those symptoms could be or could not be a sign of pregnancy, it's anyone's guess without taking the proper steps to confirm. You should really take a test and go from there...
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. There's no way we can tell you if you're pregnant or not. Since your betas were at zero, a HPT would be reliable. That will give you an answer that we can't. Also, it sometimes takes longer than 6 weeks for your period to return.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. As PPs said, your best bet is to take a HPT if you have been having unprotected sex. If the test is negative, it could just be a long cycle post loss. It took ~8 weeks for my period to return post loss, so it could be normal.

Good luck!

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Options
    Take the test. My peroid was all kinds of whackadoodle after my m/c 16 to 49 days between.... for many months. Test will tell. Good luck! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"