August 2013 Moms
Options

CPW: Which do you do first...

edited May 2014 in August 2013 Moms
Someone calls (a person whom you always want to impress) and says they will be stopping by in 15 minutes. The only problem is your house is a disaster... what do you do?

CPW: Which do you do first... 63 votes

Tell them to go jump off a bridge. I don't want any company.
0% 0 votes
I don't know what you're talking about... my house is always spotless and ready for company.
3% 2 votes
I run around like a mad woman and pick up everything I can from every room possible.
12% 8 votes
I run around like a mad woman and pick up everything in plain sight. I throw everything behind closed doors.
50% 32 votes
I know they'll only hang out in the living room so I clean in there.
15% 10 votes
I know they'll only hang out in the kitchen/dining room so I clean in there.
7% 5 votes
I don't really care if my house is a mess, they'll leave if they don't like it. I keep on keeping on with whatever I was doing before they called.
9% 6 votes

Re: CPW: Which do you do first...

• Options
    DAMN YOU! I forgot SS. I shouldn't do these anymore :( 

• Options
    We try to tidy up during the week day by day so the house isn't usually a total wreck - but in the case my mom says she's down the street and coming over I tell DH to take everything off the dining room & coffee tables and throw it in our room - then tidy up the main floor where she'll be.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Longest poll options ever.

• Options
    Believe me, @mommyames2, I promise to never do that again. Haha. That was awful. 

• Options
    I usually try to tidy up every night, and DH and I both have OCD, so certain things about the house are always kept up. However, if I'm letting you come over on that spur of the moment I'm probably not worried about what you'll think. I will, however, apologize for the state of my house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Depends.

I'll admit it, my house is a fucking trainwreck most days. If it's in a horrible state, I lie and tell the person I'm on my way out the door, and ask them to come by in a few hours.

If it's good enough to clean quickly, I clean the living room since that's where they'll be.

Mostly it's my mom and best friend coming over on such short notice though, so I don't clean. If they can't accept it, they shouldn't come lol

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    My house is always messy, but it is usually kid stuff - small house, 2 kids - meh. My friends usually don't even notice because they have kids. We plop them on the floor to play and call it a day.

• Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    I voted for living room but our downstairs is all an open floor plan except the bathroom, so I actually clean up the the entire first floor or at least the living room and kitchen.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"