December 2013 Moms
Options

Teething fever?

This may be a dumb question, but how do you know if a fever is a teething fever or something else? LO had a fever of 99.6 last night at 6pm, gave him Tylenol and was fine at 4am when he woke to feed, still is fine now. He was irritable and tired yesterday, seemingly hungrier than normal. But the drool/chewing seems to be the same as it has been and I don't see any buds on his gums.

Is it purely a guessing game with the teething fever?

Re: Teething fever?

• Options
    That's not technically a fever. It has to be 100.4 rectally before it's considered a fever. That slight elevation could be due to teething or anything really. In my experience teething does not cause true fevers.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Fevers from teething are a myth.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All of my kids have had low graded fevers right before cutting new teeth. Some say they are not related, but for my kids, my nieces and nephews, it is. Happened for all of them. I don't use anything for that fever but normal teething remedies - Camilia, Teething Tablets, etc.
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    ScarlettV said:

Fevers from teething are a myth.

My pedi says this, too. But it's highly coincidental that EVERY SINGLE TIME DS1 popped a tooth, it was preceded by 2 days of a low grade fever. Just sayin.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"