December 2013 Moms

I'm such an idiot/klutz (share your klutziness!)

edited May 2014 in December 2013 Moms
Tell me about your clumsiness/klutziness! 

So yesterday I found myself in tears when I tried to get dressed in the morning, so I dragged myself to Pea in the Pod to try to find something that actually fits.

The outcome was even worse!  I cried about 4 times in the damn fitting room.  Finally found two shirts that I sort of liked and decided to call it a day.

So, I get home, put on one of the shirts and start to feel a bit better about myself. Decide to have almond butter & jam on corn thins for lunch.  Almond butter and oil were separated, so I gently  tried to incorporate the oil into the nut portion.

.... And in the process splattered the oil all over my top. ALL over it.

Cue more tears, lots of time with stain stick, soaking, etc..  There are one or two spots left on the shirt but they're incredibly hard to notice because the cut of the top.  

Today I bought almond butter that does not separate. Nonetheless, I will find a way to stain something.

ETA: I should also add that a mere hour before this happened I accidentally dropped a jar of cherry preserves in the grocery store.....
Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

Re: I'm such an idiot/klutz (share your klutziness!)

• I have four crooked fingers, because I tripped on a tire while doing speed training in high school track.  Broken bones from a non-contact sport.

I broke my toe a few months ago by slamming it into wall outlet that protrudes from the wall.  It healed and I broke the same toe on my other foot a month later on the exact same outlet.

I could go on and on. 
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • megsswm said:

I thought I was being efficient when I was unpacking our monthly Amazon subscribe and save shipment....formula , wipes, diapers, tp, etc.  I stacked all 7 jumbo cans of LO's formula and decided to take them in one trip into the house to the pantry....

I tripped over the lounging 80 lb dog who blends into our carpet and didn't even flinch....5 of the 7 cans literally exploded on impact.  Our brown dog was formula white...as was our carpets, walls, fridge, dishwasher, me, LO in her bouncer....

My husband ran in when I yelled and fell over laughing once he saw no one was hurt.  3 hrs to clean it all up.  And her formula is $19 a can....

I am SUPER KLUTZ.

WINNER!!!

all joking aside, that must have been terrible.

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• I use Murphy's oil to get grease, grass, and all tough stains out.

• sasq09sasq09 member
    arnold94 said:

I have at least bruise from an unidentifiable cause on my body at all times.  I run into walls, tables, chairs ... basically everything.  I actually asked my eye dr if my depth perception was off b/c I feel like I can't judge where objects are but my eyes are fine.  My DH is afraid people are going to think he beats me b/c I always have one somewhere. 

FWIW - I've never been in a car accident so it's really just me and my ability to walk safely.

this is me! I was a gymnast for years and can balance forever on anything... except flat ground! Lol I broke my little toes frequently on door jams as a kid, upgraded to breaking my foot on the railing of my steps a few years ago. Dh says he needs to wrap me in bubble wrap.

• KateVAKateVA member
    My level klutziness is imfamous. 1. At my confirmation I fell down the steps in front of the church and yelled "oh shit" very loudly. My mom is still embarrassed. 2. Stepped on the front of my wedding dress and tripped up the stairs at the alter 3. Fell on my face in a skirt on my first day student teaching 4. While teaching high school seniors I dropped my dry erase marker and leaned down to pick it up- I misjudged where the board ledge was and hit my face on the ledge- big line bruise across my forehead 5. Dropped my iPhone in a bucket of paint- I bent down to dip my brush and it fell out of my work shirt pocket. It still worked :) 6. Stapled my hand to the wall with a power staple gun while hanging Christmas decorations at work- who thought giving me a staple gun was a good idea I don't know :/

Haha! Awesome. You need a bubble
  • KateVAKateVA member
    I just put a tablespoon of nutmeg instead of cumin in the chicken and black bean casserole I made for Dave. Should have told him to have a brownie and a beer for dinner like me. I'm so fucking tired.
  • Yes I do...my husband bought me a giant roll of bubble wrap one year for Christmas
  • So maybe this isn't clumsy but I don't know a better word for it.. DH managed to hit a pothole so perfectly that it blew the tire AND set off my side airbag.. How the fuck does that happen?!?! It tore the seat apart. Burned and bruised my arm.. WOMPPPPWOMP.

That's crazy!!!!! How long ago did it happen?

imageimage

• arnold94 said:

I have at least bruise from an unidentifiable cause on my body at all times.  I run into walls, tables, chairs ... basically everything.  I actually asked my eye dr if my depth perception was off b/c I feel like I can't judge where objects are but my eyes are fine.  My DH is afraid people are going to think he beats me b/c I always have one somewhere. 

FWIW - I've never been in a car accident so it's really just me and my ability to walk safely.

This exactly. I'm actually proud when I do know how a bruise got there :/
  • lp0lp0 member
    DH was ripping up the wood floor in the dining room on Monday and I was carrying it out to the dumpster. I decided to try and carry a bit more since it wasn't heavy and a board rolled off the top and a big nail hit me in the collarbone. My entire neck is killing me.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I was a gymnast growing up, yet I broke 3 toes walking on a sidewalk and snapped my Achilles jogging down a small hill. I'm the butt of many family jokes (can do flips on a bean but can't walk on the ground, etc.). I also bruise ridiculously easy so usually have 3-4 good bruises at all times from running into things...
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• @VCGolfNYC‌ Can I thread jack and ask which almond butter you found that doesn't separate? I hate that - always tempted to dump out the oil!

@Snoopylovesbelle‌ My husband tripped and stumbled over my wedding dress, causing some choir people to start laughing mid-hymn
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"