Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Could he be teething??

My 2 1/2 month old has been acting a little off during the last week or so, and especially during the last 2 days.  He has reflux, and we've been giving him rice cereal to help, which helped TREMENDOUSLY! Spit up was almost non existent. He also was way happier!  The last 2 days, he has been spitting up a lot...every time he eats. and it's quite a bit usually. Still eating rice, and eating the same amount. No formula changes, and it's the same rice he's always had. He sounded a little congested for a bit yesterday, almost like his throat hurt. and he's been jamming his hands in his mouth constantly for about a week now. Also noticed that he drools sometimes, too. I tried to look at his gums, but he makes it difficult! I'm not sure what they should look like, cause my other kids just randomly got teeth overnight every single time. Does this sounds like teething? Or could he be dealing with a cold?  He has no temperature, not even low grade.
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
Jase Eli-3/10/14

Re: Could he be teething??

• Options
    Normal for this age, probably not teething. DS starting chewing in his hands and drooling at 2 mos and didn't get teeth until 7/8 mos.
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    My 2 1/2 month old has been acting a little off during the last week or so, and especially during the last 2 days.  He has reflux, and we've been giving him rice cereal to help, which helped TREMENDOUSLY! Spit up was almost non existent. He also was way happier!  The last 2 days, he has been spitting up a lot...every time he eats. and it's quite a bit usually. Still eating rice, and eating the same amount. No formula changes, and it's the same rice he's always had. He sounded a little congested for a bit yesterday, almost like his throat hurt. and he's been jamming his hands in his mouth constantly for about a week now. Also noticed that he drools sometimes, too. I tried to look at his gums, but he makes it difficult! I'm not sure what they should look like, cause my other kids just randomly got teeth overnight every single time. Does this sounds like teething? Or could he be dealing with a cold?  He has no temperature, not even low grade.
    You can have a cold without a fever.  Or maybe allergies.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"