October 2012 Moms
Options

Crappy Sleepers Club

Who wants to join? You can only join if it is your 2012 or earlier baby that is a crappy sleeper, those with newborns sorry you still have a chance.

DD was STTN for about 6 weeks but another round of teeth brought another round of misery for us. 
DD 9/15/12

Re: Crappy Sleepers Club

• Options
    Dd is 6 and still wakes me up more than the boys. Now all of my kids didn't sttn until after a year. But dd is her own special kind of gal. I sometimes think I've failed her because she has really large tonsils and adenoids and I know they say if removed early enough it can help behavior and sleep issues. Sadly she has passed that threshold. And tonsil removal scare the bejezzus out of me. So here we are.

I commiserate with you though.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, I know I've said on here before, my new baby is a better sleeper than my O12 baby. I'm not joking, sadly. My O12 baby is that poor a sleeper. I'd say any given night the chances of her sttn are 50/50. And when she wakes, getting her back to sleep is a process.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My main thing is she is so inconsistent. Like I said, she will STTN for weeks at a time then another week BAM up every night at 1AM screaming to bed share. And I think talking makes it so much worse.

DADA! PLEASE! HELP! UP! 

#losingmymind
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    Wally3Wally3 member
    Dd is 6 and still wakes me up more than the boys. Now all of my kids didn't sttn until after a year. But dd is her own special kind of gal. I sometimes think I've failed her because she has really large tonsils and adenoids and I know they say if removed early enough it can help behavior and sleep issues. Sadly she has passed that threshold. And tonsil removal scare the bejezzus out of me. So here we are. I commiserate with you though.
    We had ds1 tonsils and adenoids removed. It was the best thing ever.  He had them remove when he was almost 5.  Recovery was bad for a week, but it helped his sleeping soooo much.  I use to think he was a bad sleeper until I listened to him while nursing ds2.   He was stopping breathing and that was waking him. I highly recommend talking to an ENT if it is a problem.  My DH never got his removed and regrets it to this day.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I heard after preschool age it is to late to make a difference. Maybe I have some hope though from the replies.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    When dd2 has a slight cold or more I belong in this group.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LorMorLorMor member
    Yeah, we're here. She was inconsistent and about 50% STTN, but now (molars) not at all. And she only wants mamamamamama, so if DH goes to her, he can't settle her. I am taking strain. Also, talking does seem to be giving her milestone frustration of sorts. She wakes up and wants to practise all her words.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Add me here they sat it gets better
    Every 3 days is sleep hell at my house
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had a stretch of 5 days STTN, and on those days she was waking up at 4 to nurse and then going back to sleep but I was still counting it.  That is the longest she has ever gone.  The norm is for her to be up 1 to 2 times a night and last night it was for 1 hour and 45 minutes.  Count me in!
  • Options
    I'm glad to not be the only one! DD used to sleep through the night but since 14 months she has been getting up at least 1X a night. Last week it was four straight nights of getting up at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30. I'm too tired for this crap!! Fingers crossed tonight is better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Henry's not a horrible sleeper necessarily, but my newborn is already way better at it than he ever was. Henry will wake up for the day at 4:40am periodically, and it makes me insane...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"