December 2014 Moms

Irrational fear...UPDATED

momtoE25momtoE25 member
edited May 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Today is my NT scan. Haven't been to the OB in 6 weeks so needless to say I've been extremely anxious and nervous for today to come. I'm scared that I will go and there won't be a baby or no heartbeat or something like that. I have no reason to think this, but I just can't get that fear out of my brain. I'm a worrier anyway and it's just exaggerated with this pregnancy. Have to wait until 3:30 for my appt so it's going to be a long day, so just a few happy thoughts and prayers would be appreciated :)
Hopefully later this afternoon I will have an update with a picture of a happy, healthy little one.

*update*
Today's scan was great! Baby is measuring a few days ahead of where we thought, but everything else looked great!!! Fluid behind neck is normal and heartbeat was strong. Dr said I have a low lying placenta which she said isn't a worry at the moment bc it can shift up at my uterus grows and pregnancy progresses. Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and thoughts. It's nice to have a place to turn to for support.
Here's a picture of that beautiful baby...

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Irrational fear...UPDATED

• This worry is the absolute worse and most of us have been there with you. I'm so sorry that you're worried but I'm sure you'll get a wonderful test result today! Keep us posted and FX for an awesome scan!!
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Krisx2Krisx2 member
    I know how you feel. FX for a happy, healthy baby and that you can relax a bit today. Breathe deep!

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Annya26Annya26 member
    I am right there with you, except my scan isn't until next week. I felt the same way with my first too. T&Ps for a healthy little one jumping around in there during your scan! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is me exactly, except I don't have a scan just a regular 12 week apt. Hopefully we get to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler at least. I'm so worried she won't be able to find it. Good luck to you and can't wait to see your little one!
  • Hoping all goes well today! Keep us updated.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I still get anxious and this is my second go around. It's completely normal. GL on your appt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • My fear seems to increase in the 24 hours directly before my appointment. Usually I'm carefree.... I feel ya! Hang in there!
    *Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*
  • T&P! The waiting between appointments is absolute torture. 
  • RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited May 2014
    I've had that fear at all of my u/s so far this pg. I had it happen before, with no warning signs, so it's not completely irrational for me. But still, chances are very good that everything is fine, and until you know otherwise, you are pregnant with a healthy baby. I try to counter the negative thoughts before a scan with the positive what-ifs. Like "won't it be so exciting to see a bouncing little baby in there?". Good luck!

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I have this thought all the time. Like, what if I go in for my ultrasound and they just say, "There's no baby in there, there never was!" Even though I saw it at 8 weeks. Crazy, I know. I think I'll feel this way until I can actually feel the baby moving around.
  • Not irrational at all. I think that most of us get nervous before appointments. Fingers crossed for a wonderful scan today! Keep us posted!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • I know how you feel.  My NT scan isn't until 6/11.  I have very few symptoms at this point, and I'm totally a wreck when I sit and think about it.  Honestly, even one day after my last US, I was a mess thinking something went wrong since then.. it's just par for the course for me, I guess.   Until I pass the point where I know I could have a healthy baby be born, I think i'll be in fear!
  • I am so happy all of you have said you have the same fear! I too have to wait till next week, and I swear I've picked up the phone a few times, about to call my OB just to ask of I could stop by and quickly check to make sure baby is still ok! Crazy, I know, but I feel like it's on my mind 24/7!!

Thinking of you today!!
  • my NT scan is this afternoon too, and i'm 100% with you.  i've been so nervous all day, although work is pretty busy so that's a nice distraction.  but, i've had a nervous stomachache all day, and i'm terrified at the thought of a missed m/c.  hopefully we can both stay hopeful and positive, and get good results this afternoon!!  
    BFP 4/3/14, EDD 12/12/14.  Excitedly expecting our first!  It's a GIRL!

Off BCP since July 2012, TTC since cycles returned in May 2013. 
  • Nervous right with the rest of you and my scan isn't until 6/9. The waiting is frustrating for sure, but T&P the day goes quickly for you and everything is great with your LO!
    ~~leenieb123

Pregnancy Ticker
  • megbmegmegbmeg member
    I always get worried before an appointment. I think it is totally normal and it definitely doesn't mean there actually is anything to worry about. Good luck with the wait! I hope you get great news. 
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Agree with you and all PPs who say this is not irrational at all! I am definitely in that boat right now and don't have my next appointment until June 9th. FX for you today! I hope everything is perfect with you and your baby today! Can't wait to read a happy update from you :)

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• I'm in the same boat as you! My first and only ultrasound was at 6w3d and won't see my doctor (for the first time) and little peanut until almost 13w!! I can't stand it!!! Good luck today!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats on the great scan!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This is great news!! So happy for you. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• JCM285JCM285 member
    Congrats on an awesome scan!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• kayak11kayak11 member
    Congrats on a great scan!
  • Yay! Great news!
  • Yay!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I'm also a worrier. I'm so glad everything went well. I always make my appointments for first thing in the morning so I don't have to stress all day. Helps a little but not a lot.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Glad you had a great scan!
    ~~leenieb123

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hooray!  Gorgeous scan!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"