June 2013 Moms

Veggie rut

I am totally stuck when it comes to preparing veggies for both LO and us. I find myself always going for broccoli or green beans or frozen peas. I want to add way more variety, but I need some interesting ways to prepare them. What is your favorite way to get your veggies?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Veggie rut

• Steam carrots and toss with butter and honey
    Brussel sprouts either steamed or roasted
    Broccoli or green beans with a teriyaki sauce (lemme know if you want the sauce recipe)
    Stir fried sugar snap peas with oil and salt, top with green onions

• Sweet potato is a favourite for DD. I chop into cubes, coat with olive oil and bake. I love popcorn cauliflower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We do a lot of cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato, asparagus, zucchini, all tossed with a little bit of evoo, salt and pepper and roasted in the oven. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited May 2014
    For DH and I, we love zucchini and squash sauteed with olive oil and a little bit of salt and pepper.  So good! I also like green beans with almonds (I think Green Giant makes a steamer pack of these) as well as sauteed asparagus with butter.

For LO, we typically steam his veggies in his baby food maker because he still can't chew them enough if they are sauteed.  He eats more variety than us: zucchini, squash, broccoli, peas, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoes, eggplant, and others I am probably forgetting.

Oh, and for all of us--when my husband makes chicken cacciatore, all three of us eat the tomato sauce, peppers, and onions in it, so that's more veggies right there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"