2nd Trimester

Third, fourth + time moms (induction question)

emoxymooseemoxymoose member
edited May 2014 in 2nd Trimester

If you were induced with your first (or any) did it necessarily mean you were induced with the rest of your children? My doc allowed me to go 10 days past my date before she would induce me and I'm dreading it happening the second time because of all the breathing problems my son had from my low fluid and meconium. I'm incredibly happy to go to 40+ weeks but not so much 41+. Wondering if maybe you go a little quicker once your body has the experience once. Thanks!

Edit: Title was wrong, oops :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Third, fourth + time moms (induction question)

• With my first I was induced 3 days past my due date. I was not effaced or dilated. With my second pregnancy I was induced 2 days past my due date but I was already 5cm dilated. The second induction was very easy compared to the first.
  • I was induced 7 days past my due date with my first, and not at all with my second!! I had my membranes stripped with number 2, and he was born 24 hours later. There's a whole thread on membrane stripping though, it doesn't always work for everyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • @theresat858 I unfortunately, don't have a choice as to the group of doctors I see because I have to go to a military hospital but this time around I told them I didn't want to see that NP. As a STM I feel more informed and I'm more proactive about my health care so if I go even one day overdue I'm making them monitor me. Thanks for all the answers.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was induced with my first at 3 days past my due date.  My second came on her own a week early.  We'll see what this one decides to do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was induced ten days post with my first. Second came on her own quickly one day before due date. Third induced one day before due date. Fourth almost born in parking lot two days before due date and fifth came one day before as well. On number six and am well aware that each is different - don't worry about the first one.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was induced 4 days after my due date with my first, and that ended in a c-section at 40w6d. Because of that, I was told that I was not a candidate for induction with subsequent babies, but they were willing to allow me to go to almost 42w with my second. I had a c-section scheduled for 41w6d, but she came on her own at 41w4d (and once I hit my due date, they had me in for non-stress tests every few days to monitor her). My third came on her due date, so it was never an issue (I was at a new practice, and their protocol if I had gone past due would have been pretty much the same as with my second).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"