January 2014 Moms
Options

4MW, how long did it last for your LO?

I'm not even sure if it is really the 4MW that is giving DS2 nap issues, but it is my best guess along with perhaps teething or his silent reflux.
For the last three weeks roughly (starting just before 4 months) his naps went from 1-4 hours long to 20 minutes, and only 3 of those a day.  Night sleep is the same as before (up every 2-3 hours all night with the odd 4 hour stretch once a week). He sleeps roughly 12 hours at night, sometimes only 11.
Pedi told us to wean him off the Prevacid he was on for silent reflux so that has been happening slowly for the last 2 weeks.  The naps were downhill before that weaning so I'm not sure that is a likely suspect.  He has also started moaning while I nurse him, upset moaning.  He also starts contorting his body when he is moaning during nursing.  I try bicycling his legs and extra burping in case it is gas but that doesn't seem to help.     
Maybe this is just teething pains? Anybody else had this with their LO? Did you just ride it out and how long did it last?
image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 4MW, how long did it last for your LO?

• Options
    Thanks, I am putting him back on the Prevacid. There is just too much going on for me to be able to know what is causing him issues, I called in and the Pediatrician is fine with that and I still have half a month's worth. 
    He is soooo overtired it is ridiculous.  His usual methods of being able to fall asleep have stopped working (nursing to sleep or swing).  He used to fall asleep within 5 minutes when he was starting to show tired signs if I'd hook him up in his swing or with a boob.  Now he just screams in the swing or arches and moans/cries at the breast. Tonight we had tried everything for nearly 2 hours to get him to sleep and eventually I just put him in the swing and let him cry until he passed out, which took about 15-20 minutes.  I felt terrible but I don't know what else to do. 
    image image

• Options
    He does sleep on an incline, I have his crib still in "the nest".  I'm also still pretty vigilant about keeping him upright as much as possible, he is really into the Exersaucer so that helps.  The swing is also at a decent incline.  They don't sell gas drops here in Canada. I have gripe water, but that usually doesn't work for him.  
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    amt0312amt0312 member
    I'm not even sure what my LO went through was technically her 4MW, but her naps stayed long even though she woke up multiple times and I would have to rock her back to sleep. If I didn't do that, she would have been up at the 20-30 minute mark every nap and throughout the night. It started around 3mo and she's now over 4mo and it showed no signs of getting better....hence we did ferber. I questioned if it was her reflux or gas, teething, etc. She's now flat on her back with no incline and things have greatly improved. I now don't think it had anything to do with reflux, etc.  

Good luck- I hope you get it figured out! Babies are tough to figure out sometimes! And crappy naps suck. 
  • Options
    Big hugs.  It sounds like the reflux - that's what DD did - arching backwards, fussy feeding and inconsolable crying.  Hoping the Previcid works fast and you can get back to normal happy baby. 

• Options
    Yeah, these symptoms remind me of when he was first diagnosed with silent reflux.  I'm going to keep up with the Prevacid and cross my fingers it helps.  I'm also going back dairy free.  My pedi said I could start adding in a serving of dairy into my diet a day, so now I'm not sure if it could be that too in combination with stopping the Prevacid.  I feel so bad for him.  
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"