Working Moms
Options

Switching to formula tips

Okay, so we made it to four months EBF and now my supply is tanking.  I would still like to nurse first thing in the morning and at night, if possible.  Has anyone BTDT?  Have you found a solution to keep up supply for these times?  I'm a Jan 14 mom and XP'd to that board.  I'm not opposed to pumping during the day but have been trying 4-5 sessions and I don't feel I can keep up with that, nor is it worth it for what I'm pumping.  Also if anyone has suggestions on how to tell LO is getting enough I suppose I will take those too...hard for me to tell lately if she's hungry or just being a baby.

TIA!
Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
image imageimage

Re: Switching to formula tips

• Options
    I nursed DS morning and night for a while, starting when he was a few months old. I had a stash of BM and mixed BM and formula in bottles for him for a while to have during the day at DC. Then at some point we went to all formula during the day. It has been a while, so I can't remember exactly how long I did it, but I think I was able to nurse just twice a day for at least a couple of months.

• Options
    My period came back when DS was 5 months old (despite EBF/pumping) and I always noticed a huge drop around the time of my period.  I continued pumping, but I sent formula if I had a shortage on daycare bottles.

I agree with all the PPs advice re troubleshooting/boosting supply.  Also, some sources say dark beer boosts supply, so I drank a beer every night while nursing.  :)
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"