December 2013 Moms
Options

Baby food question

So, for those of you doing store bought purées, I'm wondering, once you use some of the jar & put the rest in the fridge, when you take it out to use again do you heat it up, or feed it cold? Do you dish each portion out of the jar before you use it? I'm new to the jar stuff since we've only done oatmeal & avocado so far.

Re: Baby food question

• Options
    ameegeeameegee member
    I make my own. But dish out what your gonna use. (Once their spit hits it it starts to break down) you can keep the jar in the fridge with what's left. Also, Kahlan eats maybe a teaspoon. Sometimes more sometimes less. Start with a small amount. They won't eat much. She makes a funny face when it's cold but she ends up liking it. I think that's like milk. Some babies are auper picky others could care less.
  • Options
    Mac2588Mac2588 member
    I empty about 1/2 the jar into a bowl and refrigerate the rest, I also heat to take the chill off the leftovers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I warm it up after I dish some out into a bowl. My pedi said she should eat an ounce per feeding. So 2 ounces a day total.
  • Options
    Mac2588 said:

I empty about 1/2 the jar into a bowl and refrigerate the rest, I also heat to take the chill off the leftovers.

This. M will not eat anything if it's cold, so I always warm it up.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dec '13 June Siggy - Awkward Swimsuit Photo

• Options
    I make some rice cereal, then add half a Gerber container to the bowl. I put the remainder in the fridge and serve it cold the next day.

• Options
    Nrg2020 said:

I think you serve it cold and its good for two days in the fridge. I just asked on the spam thread how much puree to feed LO, no one responded..lol How much do you use at each feeding @jordanm24?

@Nrg2020‌, I just feed as much as she will eat, which is depending on how hungry she is might be just a few bites, or sometimes up to maybe an ounce.
  • Options
    ameegee said:

I make my own. But dish out what your gonna use. (Once their spit hits it it starts to break down) .

Is this still true even when there is no breastmilk/formula involved?
  • Options
    ameegeeameegee member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah. Their saliva contains lipase and it starts to break down things fast. If you use it relatively soon after (same day) i would say it's fine. But it's best to use what you need.
    Eta: damn autocorrect
  • Options
    ameegee said:

Yeah. Their saliva contains lipase and it starts to break down things fast. If you use it relatively soon after (same day) i would say it's fine. But it's best to use what you need.
    Eta: damn autocorrect

Good to know!
  • Options
    notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited May 2014
    ameegee said:

I make my own. But dish out what your gonna use. (Once their spit hits it it starts to break down) you can keep the jar in the fridge with what's left. Also, Kahlan eats maybe a teaspoon. Sometimes more sometimes less. Start with a small amount. They won't eat much. She makes a funny face when it's cold but she ends up liking it. I think that's like milk. Some babies are auper picky others could care less.

This exactly, even the baby's reaction is the same as mine!

ETA oh except my baby eats much more than that. She eats a few ounces at a time. I started with just one tablespoon and she gulped it down and cried for more right away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"