January 2014 Moms

Jealous !!!

My 4 year old DD is starting to get jealous of LO. Now that she is smiling and being more active during the day, it hits DD that there is someone else around who took away her "baby" status . She is desperate to help with LO . Whenever it's possible I let her help and contribute to the baby care ... Nevertheless it's quite a tough time . Anyone else going thrue that phase now ? Any good tips on how to deal with it ? Even my older kids drop comments every so often about LO.I really try to make sure to spend extra quality time with each kid .

Re: Jealous !!!

• DD gets the most attention, but has been going through some jealousy. I really have no advice on how to deal with it. She does go in time out if she does something that could potentially harm LO. I do try to play with her as much as possible and she loves helping care for him. She even plays with her dolls like they are her babies now. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
  • It's hard to split time, but my goal was to always try to do something with my older child (or children this time around) during nap time. Sometimes that meant the kitchen was dirty or laundry had to wait, but that's just how it was.

I'd say things like, "I'm going to put the baby to sleep and I want you to think if something we can do during the baby's nap." Whether it's reading a book, coloring, baking cookies, or finding an easy project on Pinterest it helped my older ones feel special too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"